Port For Shadow Warrior?

05C4R

Still Fresh
Ok, my last two posts requesting/suggesting ideas for ports were rather... "reckless" (thank you, crow_riot =P) but THIS time I made my homework: Shadow Warrior from 3DRealms

http://www.3drealms.com/sw/index.html

The source code is there, it uses the same Build engine as Duke Nukem (that already has a very good port for the Wiz) and it's an awesome game. There is ANY reason whatsowever not for this to be feasible or to work at all?

Thanks in advance =)

EDIT: I hate to repeat myself, but if someone tries to work on this, could you please put a virtual touchscreen keyboard? Even with eduke32 this is a problem, there's no easy way to reconfigure controls without one in this types of game

Maybe you can play that game on the wiz very soon. With the new application Ginge developed by Notaz the wiz is able to run gp2x games, and Shadow Warrior was ported to gp2x long ago. In 9 days that app will be release.

Sorry for my bad english.

That's very good to hear but, isn't that port very buggy and unoptimized? Without sound etc?

Also, since the Wiz has better hardware than it's precurssors, wouldn't it be better if someone made a new, improved port without bugs and with proper sound/music?

(Well, I really don't know, I'm not a dev, in fact that's why I'm asking this kinds of stuff...)

If no one is going to make one for the Wiz, is someone at least planning to update the Shadow Warrior port that already exists so we could play using Ginge? Please? ^^"

Thanks for the attention, anyway

We have Dingoo port with sound and everything. You can ask CongoZombie for the source.

Back