PORTS REQUIRE SOURCE CODE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFae

Still Fresh
Blood, based on the BUILD engine that powers Duke 3D, its not vastly different, save for the psuedo 3D models they have, built with sprites, etc. I don't know if the actual Blood engine is open source, but the Duke 3D source is, and I doubt they made that many extras for Blood. Would be a great engine for building new games on, since its requirements are much like Duke 3D's, yet a bit prettier in places than Duke, like the 3D gravestone sprites, and would be a superb basis for game developers too.
:lol:

The Build engine is the single worst piece of game code that I have ever seen in my life.

Imagine a house, if you will. Half of the house is made of wood, which jaunts out at random angles from the ground. These planks are not nailed together, but instead wound together by torn plastic garbage bags and wood glue. A floor is placed precariously atop this, but because the wooden walls are so weak, it's also supported by titanium columns which, rather than being stuck in the ground, are balanced on beach-balls.

The other half of the house is fairly nice brickwork with some decent implementation; however it's the wooden half of the house that's an unstable, nightmarish demon to work with. Every single plank of wood in the wooden half is tied somehow to a chunk of the brickwork, so it's impossible to fix the brickwork without fixing the wooden plank.

Now imagine you have to take this house and change almost all of the brickwork.

The Build engine is the single worst piece of game code that I have ever seen in my life.

Imagine a house, if you will. Half of the house is made of wood, which jaunts out at random angles from the ground. These planks are not nailed together, but instead wound together by torn plastic garbage bags and wood glue. A floor is placed precariously atop this, but because the wooden walls are so weak, it's also supported by titanium columns which, rather than being stuck in the ground, are balanced on beach-balls.

The other half of the house is fairly nice brickwork with some decent implementation; however it's the wooden half of the house that's an unstable, nightmarish demon to work with. Every single plank of wood in the wooden half is tied somehow to a chunk of the brickwork, so it's impossible to fix the brickwork without fixing the wooden plank.

Now imagine you have to take this house and change almost all of the brickwork.

Not that I know. But that's a good explanation :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When will people learn? Use the search function!!!1111

Blood is not possible as the source isn't available, and probably never will (long story).
There is a quite unfinished implementation of Blood with the Quake engine though.
Look in the wiki for 'transfusion'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back