Possibly Fried Gp2x

Sonic X

Still Fresh
Have I Possibly Fried My GP2X

Well this is how it goes I don't own the official GP2X cord, I have instead been using a Nokia phone EXT charger cord and it has a lower voltage than the offical GP2X cord so is it safe to use on my GP2X I mean it has lower voltage so it should be ok more ok since the voltage is lower than the GP2X official power cord. I just want people to give me some intellagent anserws here.

NOKIA PHONE EXT CORD CHARGER -INPUT -100 - 240 Voltage - LESS VOLTAGE

GPX OFFICIAL CORD - INPUT - 100 - 250 - MORE VOLTAGE

What you need to look at is the output voltage. It should be 3V DC, every charger that I have found feeds out 3.6V. I do not konw if feeding the extra .6V on the power port will burn anything or not, that is why I have always just ran a good set of bats.

Sonic X posted on Mar 22 2007 at 04:29 PM said:

Well this is how it goes I don't own the official GP2X cord, I have instead been using a Nokia phone EXT charger cord and it has a lower voltage than the offical GP2X cord so is it safe to use on my GP2X I mean it has lower voltage so it should be ok more ok since the voltage is lower than the GP2X official power cord. I just want people to give me some intellagent anserws here.

Yeah, that figure is just the input voltage, which actually depends on the voltage your outlet supplies, not this reating. And also, more power in doesn't mean more power out. that 250v could aboutput 12v and the 240 could oupt 2.2, depends on the DC output.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrHillBilly posted on Mar 22 2007 at 08:34 PM said:
What you need to look at is the output voltage. It should be 3V DC, every charger that I have found feeds out 3.6V. I do not konw if feeding the extra .6V on the power port will burn anything or not, that is why I have always just ran a good set of bats.

The phone charger EXT cord id 5.0 DC, I guess I will have to open up my GP2X because I know it is possibly fried.

Sorry to hear that, just make sure you learn from your mistake. I wish you luck on a simple fix.
GOOD LUCK

Sonic X posted on Mar 22 2007 at 08:29 PM said:

First off, the numbers you have listed are the INPUT specifications. I have no idea why you think that those have any relevance, because they are basically the voltage of the wall outlets you can use the charger with. The important thing is the output voltage of the charger. (normally below 6V)

Second, what did actually happen to your GP2X? Without knowing that, we can hardly give yu the "intellagant anserws" you are looking for.

Third, i wasn´t aware that you can use the EXT port to power the GP2X (although that´s probably me living under a rock) but if so, there are far more things that matter besides the output voltage of your charger.

EDIT: Oops, too late.

But given your level of electronic expertise, i would recommend you not to try to repair it. You could send it to Evildragon from gp2x.de, he will repair it for you at a reasonable price. If you still want to do it yourself, you need to get a replacement for the LTSC chip. The full Part number is LTC3402 - 2A

Fishbong posted on Mar 22 2007 at 08:53 PM said:

First off, the numbers you have listed are the INPUT specifications. I have no idea why you think that those have any relevance, because they are basically the voltage of the wall outlets you can use the charger with. The important thing is the output voltage of the charger. (normally below 6V)

Second, what did actually happen to your GP2X? Without knowing that, we can hardly give yu the "intellagant anserws" you are looking for.

Third, i wasn´t aware that you can use the EXT port to power the GP2X (although that´s probably me living under a rock) but if so, there are far more things that matter besides the output voltage of your charger.

But given your level of electronic expertise, i would recommend you not to try to repair it. You could send it to Evildragon from gp2x.de, he will repair it for you at a reasonable price. If you still want to do it yourself, you need to get a replacement for the LTSC chip. The full Part number is LTC3402 - 2A

It still works their was never any thing wrong with it I just wanted to know if "5.0 DC" is bad for your GP2X as far as voltage. Because it has done nothing to mine I want to continue to use it. I just wanted to know if I was frying my GP2X when I had the post above I was just kidding when I said I guess I have to open it up I just want to know if 5.0 DC Volts is bad for your GP2X because it has done nothing bad to my GP2X in months since use of the EXT cord.

Sonic X posted on Mar 22 2007 at 09:28 PM said:
Fishbong posted on Mar 22 2007 at 08:53 PM said:

It still works their was never any thing wrong with it I just wanted to know if "5.0 DC" is bad for your GP2X as far as voltage. Because it has done nothing to mine I want to continue to use it. I just wanted to know if I was frying my GP2X when I had the post above I was just kidding when I said I guess I have to open it up I just want to know if 5.0 DC Volts is bad for your GP2X because it has done nothing bad to my GP2X in months since use of the EXT cord.
im confused by all this

I think it is "Epic Canter"again.

NOKIA PHONE EXT CORD CHARGER -INPUT -100 - 240 Voltage - So it is actual doing less voltage

GPX OFFICIAL CORD - INPUT - 100 - 250

get your facts straight the charger will not kill m system do to the fact that it not only has close to the same voltage but has less voltage.
Nice, I can only see this being a bad thing.

Back