Post second batch buyer...quick queston.

leathco

Hi. After discussion with my wife, we decided that I'm going to pick up a Pandora and replace my netbook with it (she will get the netbook, I'll be using the Desktop)

We wanna order it when we get our tax check in February, along with all the usual accessories (case, ac adapter, extra stylus, a couple 16GB SD cards), which will prolly be after the second batch. My question is, will there be a third batch preorder, or will it be at the point to where you can just place an order and have it shipped within a few weeks?

Hi. After discussion with my wife, we decided that I'm going to pick up a Pandora and replace my netbook with it (she will get the netbook, I'll be using the Desktop)

We wanna order it when we get our tax check in February, along with all the usual accessories (case, ac adapter, extra stylus, a couple 16GB SD cards), which will prolly be after the second batch. My question is, will there be a third batch preorder, or will it be at the point to where you can just place an order and have it shipped within a few weeks?

We won't know until Christmas. It's likely that if you ever could just order it 'next day delivery' that paradoxically it would be sold out almost instantly.

I definately don't expect next day shipout on a project like this. I saw second batchers had a 3 or 4 month lead time, just was wondering if that was what to expect or if that would drop as the system becomes more and more popular.

I understand that is an unknown with the Christmas second batch on the horizon. Thanks for the quick answer! I'll definately be putting my order in February and will be looking forward to whenever it arrives. I LOVE the stuff it can already do that I've seen both on youtube and from a review over at the gamegavel.com forums.

If I recall the original plan correctly, by the 3rd batch they were expecting to have parts so they wouldn't have to take pre-orders, but delays seem to be holding up the first two which may compound into the third. If you order in February, be prepared for a 3-4 month wait, just in case. So far mine has been worth it.

I ordered mine a few days ago (I haven't gotten a number from OP yet, but I got a confirmation from google checkout and the money was withdrawn. I expect to get some sort of email from them soon, but if I don't that'd be fine.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind waiting something like 6-8 months before I get my pandora, but I'd call that early. About a year wait would be reasonable, in my opinion. Hell, first-batchers had to wait what, two years?

I ordered mine a few days ago (I haven't gotten a number from OP yet, but I got a confirmation from google checkout and the money was withdrawn. I expect to get some sort of email from them soon, but if I don't that'd be fine.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind waiting something like 6-8 months before I get my pandora, but I'd call that early. About a year wait would be reasonable, in my opinion. Hell, first-batchers had to wait are still waiting what, two years?

Fixed that for you.. Most of the first batch is still undelivered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back