Power Supply: Euro Plug

OpenGLFan

Still Fresh
Got a power supply with my new GP2x (man, I love that thing) and it has a Euro plug, but it says it accepts voltages 100-200+ volts, so if I could just fit the holes in the wall it'd work great. Anybody know where you can find a plug adapter without a voltage converter? All I've found are big transformer-laden bricks.

Thanks everybody -- this community rocks!

Any standard figure-eight power cable will work. It's the same type of cable that comes with most stereo systems, PS2, Xbox, etc. You can find them in any electronics store.

OpenGLFan posted on Feb 13 2006 at 01:26 AM said:
Got a power supply with my new GP2x (man, I love that thing) and it has a Euro plug, but it says it accepts voltages 100-200+ volts, so if I could just fit the holes in the wall it'd work great.  Anybody know where you can find a plug adapter without a voltage converter?  All I've found are big transformer-laden bricks.

Thanks everybody -- this community rocks!

The best ways are either to cut off the old plug and add a three pin one, as normal, or to use another lead. They're usually called 'appliance' leads, and can be found in loads of places (oten in 'pound' shops and lthe like').

The other thing is to buy an adapter as said - you can get these anywhere like Currys, dixons etc, and theyre usually three to four quid.

This is, of course, assuming you're in the UK. If not, and you're in the US, then Radio Shack should sell the same things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back