Prboom Not Loading Any Wads

Consequence_9

have you realized that rock stars always seem to l
title says it all. I've tried loading all 4 of the official id doom wads. I boot prboom, selector comes up, i select a wad & then nothing happens =/ help?

Two things to try.

1. copy your doom2.wad to pandora/appdata/prboom/ and if the name of the doom2.wad is all lowercase then probably better (I know some ports where picky about upper/lowercase naming of the official ID wads).

2. redownload the prboom pnd, maybe it got corrupt for some reason.

If you have your doom2.wad in the appropriate appdata folder then you can actually just cancel the selector dialog and it should still boot into doom2. I'm actually thinking that the selector is for loading add-on wads, not the official ones.

tnx for the help! it was option 1. Too bad it's not very playable =/ no nub support & the controls get 'stuck' after 30 seconds or so in every wad (can't turn & weapon continually discharges). oh well.

Consequence_9 said:
tnx for the help! it was option 1. Too bad it's not very playable =/ no nub support & the controls get 'stuck' after 30 seconds or so in every wad (can't turn & weapon continually discharges). oh well.

delete the controls part out of the prboom.cfg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back