Prboom Wad Files

tombradshaw

Still Fresh
Hi,
I am having trouble with creating prboom scripts. I want 1 folder with the prboom files in and all the wads then create gpe files to run different wads, at the moment doom1.wad and doom2.wad, I can run both but only if I use PrBoom.gpe and only have 1 WAD(doom1.wad or doom2.wad) in the folder at a time. I have tried creating scripts e.g.
#!/bin/bash
./prboom -iwad doom2.wad
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

but I only get a blank screen? I have check cases and seems ok? I also trying the simpsons WAD with the same problem! I'm stuck!
thanks
Tom

I went the lazy route and just included all the needed files in each folder with the wad of choice, but it's a big waste of space.

I wish I could help, as i'd love to be able to run wads by script rather than having to make a load of copies of prboom.

Hi,
I am having trouble with creating prboom scripts. I want 1 folder with the prboom files in and all the wads then create gpe files to run different wads, at the moment doom1.wad and doom2.wad, I can run both but only if I use PrBoom.gpe and only have 1 WAD(doom1.wad or doom2.wad) in the folder at a time. I have tried creating scripts e.g.
#!/bin/bash
./prboom -iwad doom2.wad
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

but I only get a blank screen? I have check cases and seems ok? I also trying the simpsons WAD with the same problem! I'm stuck!
thanks
Tom

I was given this by a friend:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
./prboom -iwad doom.wad > prboom.log.txt 2>&1
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec ./gp2xmenu

Also a couple of others, but on the .wad file name changed. (So I have "./prboom -iwad doom2.wad > prboomDoom2.log.txt 2>&1" and "./prboom -iwad tnt.wad > prboomtnt.log.txt 2>&1")

It looks the same as yours I'm afraid to say.

That seems to work fine for me, as long as I remember to have the wad files in the same folder.
Re-directing the output to a file might give you a clue as to why you're getting the black screen.

Hope it's of some help
Ben
---

Last edited by a moderator:
Back