Pre-order Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
Lately I've become rather depressed. Why? Well, because the next generation of video game systems are selling out before they're even produced. Video games shouldn't be this difficult and emotionally draining to buy.

I personally have been looking foward to both the Wii and the PS3. In particular, I have been wanting to pick up a ps3 the most, but the prospect of playing the new zelda title makes it an almost even match.

I've also been searching for some time to ensure that I'm able to obtain them both. In the past month however, things have randomly taken a turn for the worst as now almost every retailer has sold ps3 preorders. It sadens me to say this, but it looks as though the ps3 wont be in my possesion until well after the New Year :( :(.

Im looking now to MAKE ABSOLUTE SURE that I can obtain a wii on launch day. Im hoping this will be an easier task considering the larger quantities North America will be seeing compared to the PS3. Of course, there's always a chance that I'm wrong.

With all this said, I DO have a reserve for the PS3 over at Lik-sang.com, but I dont know if Im guaranteed one on launch day (Im betting that's a NO), nor do I know what the asking price will be.

My question to all of you is, what are you all doing in regards to preorders on either the Wii or the PS3? I dont want to import a unit that isnt North American, so please, don't suggest that.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 10 2006 at 05:14 PM said:
Lately I've become rather depressed. Why? Well, because the next generation of video game systems are selling out before they're even produced. Video games shouldn't be this difficult and emotionally draining to buy.

I personally have been looking foward to both the Wii and the PS3. In particular, I have been wanting to pick up a ps3 the most, but the prospect of playing the new zelda title makes it an almost even match.

I've also been searching for some time to ensure that I'm able to obtain them both. In the past month however, things have randomly taken a turn for the worst as now almost every retailer has sold ps3 preorders. It sadens me to say this, but it looks as though the ps3 wont be in my possesion until well after the New Year :( :(.

Im looking now to MAKE ABSOLUTE SURE that I can obtain a wii on launch day. Im hoping this will be an easier task considering the larger quantities North America will be seeing compared to the PS3. Of course, there's always a chance that I'm wrong.

With all this said, I DO have a reserve for the PS3 over at Lik-sang.com, but I dont know if Im guaranteed one on launch day (Im betting that's a NO), nor do I know what the asking price will be.

My question to all of you is, what are you all doing in regards to preorders on either the Wii or the PS3? I dont want to import a unit that isnt North American, so please, don't suggest that.

I'm gonna camp out like a real man, jk. SAM'S CLUB!!! People never look at those places, that's where a bunch of people went at like 4:00 P.M. and got 360's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give eBay a try, I hear you can score some real deals there on launch days! :rolleyes:

- Alex

Alex. posted on Oct 10 2006 at 09:41 PM said:
Give eBay a try, I hear you can score some real deals there on launch days! :rolleyes:

- Alex
I know I can always count on Alex to say something helpful to the thread ;)

I intend to get more than 1 wii and sell the others on ebay for the holidays.

I think(hope) that there will be more than enugh wiis to fill the demand, after all nintendo has huge production capabilitys and is making them for a while now.

Well my buddy pre-ordered his from GameStation about 3 weeks ago, and he was the 37th one to do so. That was in the first week of pre-orders, and they're still taking them now. So if you consider that they took at least 37 in the first week, in just one small branch in Liverpool, then either there's going to be a lot of disappointed people on launch day, or Nintendo aren't being tight about anything. Nowt to worry about really. Was that relevant?

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 11 2006 at 02:44 AM said:

- Alex

Says the guy who complains lack of and difficulty of getting consoles on launch day :rolleyes:

I've preordered the Wii, mainly just as a commitment to buy a next gen console. I'd probably put it off with normal budgetting but this forces me to budget for it.
I haven't seen anything to really draw me to a 360... and I can't see that the PS3 will appeal to me, one reason is that I wouldn't be able to accomodate that price with my budget. Another being it focusses on HD, which
a) Is only really coming to Europeans now... and
B) Is not something I have a display for...

skysnapper posted on Oct 11 2006 at 02:42 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 11 2006 at 02:44 AM said:
Give eBay a try at I hear you can score some real deals there on launch days! :rolleyes:

- Alex

Says the guy who complains lack of and difficulty of getting consoles on launch day :rolleyes:
lol what can I say? I'm an optimist :lol:

If I get a concrete "yes, friday is preorder day for the nintendo Wii" from my local Gamestop, then I'm arriving at 7am-ish to ensure that I get a reserve or 2. I think 3 hours in advance is good enough, and considering the larger quantities North America is seeing of the Wii compared to the ps3, I think that even IF there's a small line at the door at 7am waiting for opening, Im still guaranteed 2 reserves (my mother is coming too :D ) due to the higher number of reserves they're taking, amirite??

If the line isnt too bad, a block down there's another Gamestop and I'll stop and hopefully pick up 2 more reserves from them.

Now I hope this isnt easier planned than done :unsure:

Goity posted on Oct 11 2006 at 04:55 PM said:
When do you guys reckon I'll be able to still pre order by? I'm so poor.
If you want a wii, get to the bloody store when the first open on the first preorder day at the very least!! PS3 orders were limited, and the wii will be as well. If each store is only allowed 50 reserves, what do you think your chances are of getting one on just any day you choose to waltz in? :rolleyes:

I must call today to confirm for my area.

i preordered my wii at www.play.com, they were taking pre orders the friday they announced the european price, and thats when i preordered, im pretty sure i should get one, id rather not preorder, but i didnt do it with my 360 and ended up paying more than the rrp off ebay just because i wanted one for over the xmas holidays. i think they should scrap the pre-order, first come first served on launch day i reckon.

I have one last helpful comment to add here, what's the bloody difference if you get it on launch day or two weeks after? I honestly want to understand the process behind this, no joke. Consider it a psychological inquiry :)

- Alex

I was only mildly anticipating the PS3, but after reading the billion-page spread about Oblivion in OPM I'm now super-eager to get one ... (damn, that game looks sick!)

(I'm considering jumping the first scrawny rich kid that emerges from EB on the 17th carrying a large bag and a huge grin on his face)

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

Im here on this extra SHITTY friday morning, where it's just absolutely FREEZING outside, as daclassicgamingmaster prepares for his 2.5 hr endeaver waiting in front of a local EB games for a couple of wii preorders! This is sure to be a hell of a trip folks ;)

:D

I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.I GOT 4 RESERVES WOOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back