Pre Order Price Difference

dgame

I pre ordered mine form http://gp2x.co.uk/ordergp2x.html and now Play-Asia has it for what appears to be quite less expensive price:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-49-...0-277b-4-6.html

gp2x.co.uk: £102.12 (Outside Europe) = US$206.35
Play-Asia: US$ 169.90

That is a US$36.45 difference in system cost and when I include shipping the F200 costs a total of US$61.06 more at gp2x.co.uk. Since this is a pre-order I think I may have to switch companies. The only difference I can see in their ads is gp2x.co.uk mentions that 4 rechargeable batteries are included. Any suggestions or insight into the price difference, the companies, and whether I should switch my order?

Thanks.

Support GP2x.co.uk, they are footing the bill to create the new console, the Craiginator. Without GP2x.co.uk or ED the GP2x would of failed miserably, as would the GP32.

sam fisher said:
Support GP2x.co.uk, they are footing the bill to create the new console, the Craiginator. Without GP2x.co.uk or ED the GP2x would of failed miserably, as would the GP32.
I thought about that which is why I posted this question. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I brought both my GP32's, both my DS's and my GP2x from them even though I could potentially of got some of them cheaper from elsewhere as I find them very reliable and they went through hell to get me my GP32 when bank problems fucked up the transaction.

gp2x.co.uk have always been alot more expensive. If i get one it will be from play asia or somewhere else and i actually live here in the uk :p

If I get one, I'll be spending too much time porting OpenTTD and figuring out the touchscreen...to worry about the price. :p

this is a question tho... i plan on ordering one.. from where.. idk yet.. but dosen't play-asia have to get there product straight from gp2x.co.uk? just a question... :huh:

ZeroDayATK said:
this is a question tho... i plan on ordering one.. from where.. idk yet.. but dosen't play-asia have to get there product straight from gp2x.co.uk? just a question... :huh:
GP2x.co.uk is just an importer, not GPH themselves.

gp2xs said:
I pre ordered mine form http://gp2x.co.uk/ordergp2x.html and now Play-Asia has it for what appears to be quite less expensive price:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-49-...0-277b-4-6.html

gp2x.co.uk: £102.12 (Outside Europe) = US$206.35
Play-Asia: US$ 169.90

That is a US$36.45 difference in system cost and when I include shipping the F200 costs a total of US$61.06 more at gp2x.co.uk. Since this is a pre-order I think I may have to switch companies. The only difference I can see in their ads is gp2x.co.uk mentions that 4 rechargeable batteries are included. Any suggestions or insight into the price difference, the companies, and whether I should switch my order?

Thanks.

I once thought like you did and then when my GP2X and Cradle arrived I was told I had to pay £50 customs tax

I have bought 2 GP2X's from Craig (gp2x.co.uk) & both have arrived really quickly with no problems. On the second one I even sent an email the same night and asked for it to be delivered to my workplace - I got a reply the very next day and my GP2X arrived the day after (in Ireland).

Whilst I have used playasia before for stuff I prefer to support local folk if possible. Remember you are looking at the value pack on gp2x.co.uk which has a few extras and no 'import tax (or VAT as it's called in Ireland)' & my experience so far with them has been great.

If you want it quick with the extra's I recommend gp2x.co.uk

I once thought like you did and then when my GP2X and Cradle arrived I was told I had to pay £50 customs tax

True, don't forget customs. Most of the time they will get you. Then you'll have to pay taxes and sometimes import fees. That added to the purchase price will often result in similar pricing.

zodttd said:
If I get one, I'll be spending too much time porting OpenTTD and figuring out the touchscreen...to worry about the price. :p
You know, I've been thinking that I would have no use for the F-200. Touch screen doesn't interest me much. But, if OpenTTD was ported using the touchscreen, that could get me to buy one (or I would just wait for the next gen console). I find the controls far too hard and not enjoyable to play TTD on my current gp2x.

I bought my Gp2x from hardware smuggler(~170in $). So I had not to pay stupid taxes and fill stupid electronic forms in any of the E-shops. Thus Delivered at the same day.

If you buy from Asia then you'll most likely be hit by import tax. I bought my GP2X through an Asian site and a month or so later I got a letter requesting I pay the import tax thus saving absolutely nothing. If I'd known that I'd have bought from the UK site. I'd deffo buy through them now simply because of their support for the new machine.

I pre-ordered mine from play-asia. I've bought a few things from them before - they've always been good and fast and I've never had problems with import duties.
This time around I also had a $10 discount voucher with them so it made it reasonably cheap for me to do so.
Although it's an October release, I imagine this will be late October. On top of that I wouldn't be surprised if it spills into November.

The problem is that Craig and Evil Dragon are really promoting the gp2x what results in costs (just see at Craig's ads in Retro Gamer and other magazines). Play Asia is free riding on the efforts of Craig and ED, so we should buy from Craig or Ed. On the other hand, why should I pay extra money for the same product? I bought my GP2x from Craig and sd cards etc. from ED. I bought two gp32 from Play Asia. I made good experiences with all trhee.

If you have to return something to play-asia be prepared to wait six months or more!

Back