Premium Pandora Review

Glad you got it and are pleased with it, many other people but only a handful have had worser problems, but enjoy all those good old days and you will never have to put 10 pence into an arcade ever again, good stuff, post on forums if you need any help with emulaters and how they work, all the instructions should be in the documents when you downlaod the emulater go to documents and read instructions on how to play gamea and quit games, in snes space bar key brings up menu for options. My mates pandora just died on him after he owned it for 3 months, hope yours lasts longer

bye

007jaws

Great review!

Thanks I enjoyed reading it, and pictures are always fun.

I already have my Pandy, but I definitely would watch any videos you made if you link to them on the forums.

As far as your duke nukem problem/question, I can offer two tidbits of advice.

One, after you run the application on your pandora, it should create a subdirectory in the appdata folder on your SD card that is unique to the game. I would suspect the game files go in there.

Two, many of the things you download will come with documentation. This has proved invaluable for me to figure out how to get some things working. In XFCE I access it from the "start menu" then documentation.

Gratz on getting your Pandora. :D

Thank you both for the tips, i found the proper place under documentation in the menu :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review! I enjoyed the pictures (especially ALttP <3).

Hope you enjoy your Pandora!

I had the same thought about the weight of the unit and also about the comfort of the unit in my hands. I compared your picture of the Pandora next to your hand, and it looks like we've got identical size hands, seriously. Do you find Playstation controllers to be slightly uncomfortable too?

Glad you like your Pandora, and I enjoyed your review!

I had the same thought about the weight of the unit and also about the comfort of the unit in my hands. I compared your picture of the Pandora next to your hand, and it looks like we've got identical size hands, seriously. Do you find Playstation controllers to be slightly uncomfortable too?

Glad you like your Pandora, and I enjoyed your review!

This is kinda creepy, but yeah - i think ps controllers are slightly uncomfortable, too! :)

Btw: Great signature. Ever since I read that a couple of weeks ago, I started using this quote again. It's just a shame that nobody at work gets it...

Great review! Really enjoyed it, and thanks for the pics. Beginners guides for the Linux inexperienced are a great idea. And although I would love to see videos, my Pandora is on the way, so i'll leave the requests to others...

Congrats,

Great to hear yet another pretty positive review.. helps to ease my wait (at least that's what i keep telling myself) any chance on some Paper Mario (one of my favourite N64 games) feedback how is the performance/speed, any graphical glitches? (i seem to remember there are issues with it on the windows version of Project64) and possibly a gameplay video?

Great review, looking forward to some more feedback.

gratz and great review!

how is scummvm on there? could you just check for me how clicking on small objects in games are? do you have to click around alot to hit them?

:D im happy for you and because of your review, makes me even more anxious, everytime i see my friends they ask about my pandora, i tell em it will come when it comes, and they will be super impressed when i get it,and u make every word true just from reading your review

Quick Reponse:

@Klaus Kinski: Sadly, Paper Mario doesn't run very good. It's actually not really playable. The intro plays good with just minor sound slowdowns but then there are massive graphic glitches.

I was really looking forward to playing that one on the pandora as I recall playing it a lot of times on my old N64 :(

@PokitFoxxit: ScummVM is actually amazing! It runs flawlessly so far. I played a bit of Monkey Island I and of Day of the tentacle and hitting small objects (like the dime in the telephone for example) is really no problem. I actually hit them all at the first try :) And playing with the Stylus is a great experience imho.

But I'll gladly make a video with some ScummVM Games. Any preferences?

Quick Reponse:

@Klaus Kinski: Sadly, Paper Mario doesn't run very good. It's actually not really playable. The intro plays good with just minor sound slowdowns but then there are massive graphic glitches.

I was really looking forward to playing that one on the pandora as I recall playing it a lot of times on my old N64 :(

Drat, Drat & double drat.. i suspected as much, thanks for the feedback though.

I'm not generally known for having an optimistic disposition, but for some reason i do have faith that Ari will eventually produce as near to perfect N64 emu on the Pandora as you can get (hope it's still him doing it & i haven't just credited the wrong person!) for me a portable N64 is reason alone to justify the Pandora.

Drat, Drat & double drat.. i suspected as much, thanks for the feedback though.

I'm not generally known for having an optimistic disposition, but for some reason i do have faith that Ari will eventually produce as near to perfect N64 emu on the Pandora as you can get (hope it's still him doing it & i haven't just credited the wrong person!) for me a portable N64 is reason alone to justify the Pandora.

Yeah I know what you mean. I copied a lot of my games to the pandora allready (Pilotwings for example has no graphical errors but runs slow (but almost playable!)). I'm sure we'll get a better emulator some day, because there are a lot of N64 fans who'd love to see it :)

This is kinda creepy, but yeah - i think ps controllers are slightly uncomfortable, too! :)

Btw: Great signature. Ever since I read that a couple of weeks ago, I started using this quote again. It's just a shame that nobody at work gets it...

Ha ha. Yeah, 2001 is one of my favorite books/movies and Clarke is one of my favorite authors. Nobody gets my references to it either if it makes you feel any better.

I almost shat myself one time when I was working with an IT guy named Hal and his boss's name was Dave. I very enthusiastically asked Hal if he ever told Dave "I'm sorry...." but he just stared at me blankly and had no idea what I was on about. I was heartbroken!

Ha ha. Yeah, 2001 is one of my favorite books/movies and Clarke is one of my favorite authors. Nobody gets my references to it either if it makes you feel any better.

I almost shat myself one time when I was working with an IT guy named Hal and his boss's name was Dave. I very enthusiastically asked Hal if he ever told Dave "I'm sorry...." but he just stared at me blankly and had no idea what I was on about. I was heartbroken!

OMG! How can such an amazing opportunity be destroyed...

I hope you told him to watch that movie!

Quick Reponse:

@PokitFoxxit: ScummVM is actually amazing! It runs flawlessly so far. I played a bit of Monkey Island I and of Day of the tentacle and hitting small objects (like the dime in the telephone for example) is really no problem. I actually hit them all at the first try :) And playing with the Stylus is a great experience imho.

But I'll gladly make a video with some ScummVM Games. Any preferences?

OoOoOoooo im pretty stoked now! reccomendations.... hmmmm hows about you can pick any of these.

Day of The Tentacle, Legend of Kyrandia all 3, Teen Agent, Any of the Space Quests, or even some full throttle, or the dig, Monkey Islands would be great too.

take your pick, if possible id like to see the biking scenes from full throttle where you are on the bike and hitting teh meanies, but essentially its up to you im a great fan of all point and click adventures

oops how could i forget Sam and Max before leaving, o yeah the ace ventura 1 was good too!

sry getting a little carried away haha

Edit : mmm now that i think about it i dont think ace ventura was scummvm, but it was a point and click :)

OoOoOoooo im pretty stoked now! reccomendations.... hmmmm hows about you can pick any of these.

Day of The Tentacle, Legend of Kyrandia all 3, Teen Agent, Any of the Space Quests, or even some full throttle, or the dig, Monkey Islands would be great too.

take your pick, if possible id like to see the biking scenes from full throttle where you are on the bike and hitting teh meanies, but essentially its up to you im a great fan of all point and click adventures

oops how could i forget Sam and Max before leaving, o yeah the ace ventura 1 was good too!

sry getting a little carried away haha

Edit : mmm now that i think about it i dont think ace ventura was scummvm, but it was a point and click :)

Oh yes! ScummVM it is! :)

I'll try making a video with my phone tonight. If the quality isn't good enough I'll have to wait until tomorrow, then I'll get my D90 back :)

Today I finally received mine (ordered 30/9-2008).

Tested so far: wi-fi. Works.

What surprised me greatly was how incredibly difficult it is to read the keys.. they're WAY too glossy. With fluorescent office lights is nearly impossible, I spent 3 minutes looking for the full stop character (when I was entering my email address into claws mail). Due to the shape of the keys it doesn't help to turn the unit backwards or forwards.

The other initial problem is the window manager, the bar shouldn't have been at the bottom - at the side would be much better. Particularly because applications don't realise that it's there, and hide the 'forward' or 'continue' buttons below it.. but at least this can be fixed.

Back