Preordering At Gp2xstore.com?

CronoTriggerfan

Website
pixelstopolygons.com
Support email said:
We will be carrying the Pandora Box. It will be put up for preorder as soon as we can confirmed the released date. Thank you for your interest in our product.
Kind regards,
Tech
I already knew that they were trying to get a hold of some, but could this mean that GP2xstore will be one of the preorder places? The wording is a bit convoluted...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't trust them.

1. They say they're carrying the Pandora Box, not the Pandora.

2. I've been recieving massive amounts of spam ever since I gave them my email address. No GP2X wrist strap either.

If that is actually from gp2xstore.com, you can trust them. Dave is a very nice guy and I have had no problems from them in the past.

That's not to say it's not some kind of spam email...was there an odd link in the email? I reckon the wording is from a non-english speaking admin.

I gave them my street address and my email address in order to recieve my "Free GP2X Wrist Strap".

They sold my email address.

Edit:

NO WRONG BAD NO BAD

GP2X Store did NOT sell my address.

It was GP2X Shop.

I need an Internet Undo Key. :p

http://www.gp2xshop.com/keychaingiveaway.html

After some ancient email detective work, that is what turned up.

CronoTriggerfan said:
I already knew that they were trying to get a hold of some, but could this mean that GP2xstore will be one of the preorder places? The wording is a bit convoluted...

Probably not.

Chip said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

Probably not.

That's actually why I'm posting this thread, as the conflict between the two statements is very evident. The question is, which is true?

atomicthumbs said:
I gave them my street address and my email address in order to recieve my "Free GP2X Wrist Strap".

I would be dissatisfied as well :angry:

Squidge said:
atomicthumbs said:

Thats why you should always use mailinator or dodgit :)

Nah, Gmai's spam filter works quite well once you have it trained properly. I get about 1000 spam emails per day and it filters them all out. :)

I'm just pissed off about them tricking GP2X users and getting money off it.

I'm pissed off about GP2X Shop (NOT GP2X Store) selling my email address. GP2X Store is a reputable business and I will probably buy a new stick cap from them now that I've found out about it.

MDave said:
Looks like the first 3000 are only going to be through craigx's site.
Nope, "us" is also me and Fatih (Turkish Store). With "us" he meant "us developers".

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
MDave said:
Looks like the first 3000 are only going to be through craigx's site.
Nope, "us" is also me and Fatih (Turkish Store). With "us" he meant "us developers".

Okay, that's what I thought. ED, I hate to pry, but could you let us know more? Or perhaps an estimate for when we will get the email letting us know more? Thanks. :D

atomicthumbs said:

I don't recall offering free handstraps as a promotion. Information submitted to the store is not sold to other companies. Perhaps you're mistaking Gp2xstore.com with another store?

We will have Pandoras in the future, but i'm not sure if we will have any from the first batch.

Jr2swiss said:
atomicthumbs said:

I don't recall offering free handstraps as a promotion. Information submitted to the store is not sold to other companies. Perhaps you're mistaking Gp2xstore.com with another store?

We will have Pandoras in the future, but i'm not sure if we will have any from the first batch.

Hope you do. I don't want to wait another several months to get one. Not sure what shipping would be from England but it's likely that I'd pay it.

ARGH! It was GP2X Shop, not GP2X Store. See above posts.

Hopefully people can understand why I got them confused, seeing as it was some time ago.

Back