Problem after changing the SD-Card and copying Dingux

WA1972

Again a 16GB-Mikro-SD-Card in the Dingoo broke for unknown reason (second time this happens). Seems that Mikro-SD-Cards are more damageable than normal SD-Cards, because i never had any problem with normal SD-Cards. Strange.

The problem now is this:
I had a copy of the whole configurated Dingux with all Tools, Games and Emulators on a Double-Layer-DVD. So i bought me a new SD-Card and just copied everything to this new card and turned off the write-protection from all datas. Normally i thought, after this, everything will run like before on my DINGOO, BUT Dingux don`t start now. It hangs in the DINGUX-title screen and no datas was loaded.

Is it not possible just to copy things over or must i do something else, maybe with the bootlader? But normally the bootloader was still on the Dingoo, so i don`t know.

Maybe somebody has an idea, what could be the problem now?

Hi WA1972:
First you need to make sure, your SD card has been formatted under WinXP or linux.
Then it is neccecary to copy the kernel image and the initrd onto the SD card.
Then you can copy the local folder and everything else.

Unfortunately the bootloader can not handle file systems created by vista or win7.
And if the kernel or initrd are not copied first there ist also an issue that those files can not been found.

I created two micro SD cards that way. First a 16gig card. And after using that card for my pandora I copied everything to a card with 8gig and gave it to my girlfriend. With the second card I had the same issue as you had. So I reformatted the whole card and then it worked.

okay, thanks for the answers. then the order of copying was the problem. i will try this next weekend.

sadly i must copy all the 13GB again, in the order that you said. first the kernel and then all the folders.

when i format the 16GB-SD-Card in FAT32, must i choose a special cluster-size? i do not remember, how i did it with the last SD-card?

No, there's no special cluster size required.
It just must not be formatted by Vista or Win7.

Just boot up XP, Linux, Mac and format it. Then re- copy the files.

Back