Problem with building the kernel

Shum

Still Fresh
Hullo people.

I decided I wanted nilfs2 support on my pandora because I've heard its nicer to sd cards than ext2/ext4.

I've tried compiling a kernel by more-or-less following the instructions here except I'm compiling it natively on the pandora.

What I did was:

Code:
git clone git://openpandora.org/pandora-kernel.git

git checkout --track -b pandora-27-omap1 origin/pandora-27-omap1

< patch for nilfs2 >

CROSS_COMPILE="" make omap3_pandora_defconfig

CROSS_COMPILE="" make uImage

CROSS_COMPILE="" make modules

This builds a working kernel with nilfs2 support except it only builds a few modules:

Code:
drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko

drivers/power/bq27x00_battery.ko

crypto/ecb.ko

crypto/pcbc.ko

crypto/aes_generic.ko

crypto/cbc.ko

crypto/arc4.ko

crypto/crypto_blkcipher.ko

arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3pandora-wifi.ko

net/mac80211/mac80211.ko

net/wireless/cfg80211.ko

Whereas the original image had a whole stash of modules, many of which I need for stuff like wifi.

I still have the original image, (I haven't touched the nand), but if I try to insmod the modules that are on it I get "Invalid module format".

Any ideas? How can I build a complete kernel, modules and all?

Okay I also applied all the patches listed here in the variable SRC_URI_append as well as the squashfs and aufs2 patches.

I used defconfig from here as my .config then remade uImage, modules, install and modules_install.

Now I get a lot more modules but still not all of them.

For example, this first two modules /etc/init.d/wl1251-init tries to insert are rfkill_backport.ko and compat.ko. I don't have these.

I also don't have a /lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates directory - where is this supposed to come from? Shouldn't make modules_install create everything under /lib/modules/`uname -r` ?

I must be missing something here.

Back