Problem With Gnuboy

danj00100

Still Fresh
Hi, I just got my GP2X a few days ago and I'm really pleased with it! All is working fine but I'm having problems getting gnuboy working.

I am using gnuboy 0.6b and GP2X FW 2. Gnuboy starts up fine, but when i try to go to the select rom menu it crashes out to the main GP2X menu screen. I have tried many different configurations to fix this (lots of different directory structures, zip and unzipped roms, only one rom in the rom directory, the ./roms and mnt/sd/roms/gameboy configs and gnuboy.gpe in SD root etc) however i always have the same problem.

I have read a few scattered posts on this subject but no one seems to have an answer (other than it seemed to happen to someone else when they changed to GP2X FW 2). I was just wondering if someone would be kind enough to shed some light on this problem?

Frogger Rules! ;-)

P.S. for people wondering about the 275MHz GP2X from gp2x.co.uk at the moment I ordered mine from lik-sang the day before that news came out :-( and get stable operation at 270MHz (but no higher). However, I'm still happy with that as it cost £80, not £140. Hope this helps people out there wondering where to buy their GP2X from.

It's not a FW2.0 issue, as it works on mine... Have you tried loading a few different (unzipped) roms? I've had a couple of bad roms which crash to the menu if I try lolading them.

P.S. 270mhz is hardly any difference from 275mhz in practice, so you did extremely well with your purchase :)

I think i figured it out in the end as it suddenly started working. I changed the file extension (.GB) to lower case and all was fine.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Back