Problem with PCSX Rearmed r13 and Revolt

Sigurd

Hi everyone,

Second problem of the night, hope this one can be solved just as quickly. After having seen the update on PCSX Rearmed i decided to check it out. GOD DAMN AWESOME ... *hrm* i mean.. its very good.

Because of this ive redoubled my efforts to rip my old PSX games and sure enough Tekken 3 runs like a charm. However, one of my favorite games from that era. "Revolt" is not working i ripped the game from the disk with ImgBurn and it seems to work. The only problem is that when i get to the nationality (language) selection screen it does not show the graphics of the flags only the "press start to continue..." message. If i continue from this it simply crashes after a very short period of loading.

So i'd like to know if there are anyone who can suggest any solutions to this? Really want to start playing that game again :) .

I've just started playing "Driver" using the latest r13. Seems I can play it fine, but it exits the emulator if I try to play a mission again so I have to save very regularly. Anyone else have this problem or any tips on how to deal with it? I'm enjoyiong the game, this is just a bit inconvenient so advice would be welcome.

Driver bug has been there for a while, and it was mentioned in one of the pcsxrearmed main threads. Don't know if it's just hard to solve or Notaz forgot about it.

As for Sigurd, this "missing objects" thing sounds a lot like you are using a wrong graphic plugin, can it be that you have enabled gles plugin (this one causes glitches and crashes everywhere) try the other ones and see what happens.

Driver bug has been there for a while, and it was mentioned in one of the pcsxrearmed main threads. Don't know if it's just hard to solve or Notaz forgot about it.

As for Sigurd, this "missing objects" thing sounds a lot like you are using a wrong graphic plugin, can it be that you have enabled gles plugin (this one causes glitches and crashes everywhere) try the other ones and see what happens.

Hmm, some progress, i tried fooling around with the diffrent graphics plugins and it seems that the gles plugin is the only one that shows the flag graphics at the language selection screen. However after loading a bit (after selecting language) it crashes to desktop like usual. :/

Any chance it would help trying to use another bios?

.. Hmm i tried with another bios (the 7502 one) and it got to the revolt loading screen but when it got to the main menu it crashed the pandora completely :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but oddly it seems that in this case the only way i can get further is if i change the bios, just did it again.. changed it to the 1001 one, and i got passed the loading screen and saw a faint picture of the main menu. It seemed to be looking for a memory card right before it crashes to desktop

D'oh! Revolt was a good game! I don't have it to hand to see if I can get anything to work, though.

Are you running with any sort of overclock?

Nope, ever since the r12 upgrade of psx reloaded it hasn't been neccesary. But i have a suspicion that since it tries to look for a memory card right before it crashes that that can have something to do with it? but thats just a guess

Back