Problems When Connecting Over Telnet

Atgast

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I've been doing some dev stuff on windows based machines, including telnet connections. But since windows is evil ;) I have decided to completely switch to linux (ubuntu in my case) and get a Wii for my gaming needs.

So far so good, but I ran into a nasty little problem when trying to connect to my GP2X.
I enabled the usb-network on the GP2X, plugged in the cable to my pc, and I saw it connecting in dmesg.

I set the ip in my GP2X to 192.168.0.2
and on my desktop to 192.168.0.1

I did the ifconfig routine, and then I typed 'telnet 192.168.0.2'
I got a connection, but it seemed as if the GP2X crashed the moment it was starting bash (or whatever it uses)
the menu icons stopped moving and there was no way I could connect to it, or even ping it's ip.

This keeps happening, so effectively I have no networking abilities at this moment, which is very annoying obviously.

I really would like to get this fixed, as I am not returning to a Windows machine just so I am able to dev for a linux console ;)

thanks in advance!

You need a replacement net module for the GP2X, as GPH made one that didn't actually work with Linux :D

Get it from the archive.

Squidge said:
You need a replacement net module for the GP2X, as GPH made one that didn't actually work with Linux :D

Get it from the archive.
Ok, I used this file http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,17,1824

and this script:
CODE

#!/bin/sh

rmmod g_ether

cp /lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/g_ether.o ./backup2.o

cp -f g_ether.o /lib/modules/2.4.25/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/g_ether.o
sync

modprobe g_ether
cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

but the problem persisted. Then I rebooted the GP2X again and now it does work :D

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back