Problems With My Gp32

Mystemo

Still Fresh
I decided to start playing my GP32 again a few days ago (I have the original GP32 not the BLU).
I formated the SMC, installed the drivers and GP32 manager but something seems to be wrong.
I very often get the "timed out" error while trying to move files to the gamepark and almost every
time I reconect the USB cable it needs to check for the drivers again, I used the same installer file that I did the last time and it worked back then. Not only this but even when I do manage to move something into the SMC
I get the message "SMC is not inserted or no game exists press B to cancel".

Did you made the different directories? [GAME, GPMM, GPETC, GPSYS, etc.] I always had problem with the driver, maybe you should use a cardreader or the Squidge-manager (don't know the name, but it mounted the GP32 as a drive into windows...)

Does it have the original filmware? If so, it needs the free launcher that is taylor made for your unit. I hope you flashed to a different filmware. Because formating your card would have deleted your free launcher unless you did a backup of it.

A card reader is better for file transfer.

Only use the original transfer program to put phodrive on your smc.

From that moment on, run phodrive, insert your usb cable, and PRESTO! You have a usbstick like gp32

darkman posted on Feb 16 2007 at 06:18 PM said:
Does it have the original filmware? If so, it needs the free launcher that is taylor made for your unit. I hope you flashed to a different filmware. Because formating your card would have deleted your free launcher unless you did a backup of it.

A card reader is better for file transfer.

Yes, that was the problem, luckily i had a backup of the freelauncher on my old computer.
Thanks for the help guys. But i still get the timed out error often, any tips on how i can fix that?
I installed the phodrive 0.3 and it seems to work but nothing apears on the computer when i start it, is the GP suposed to apear as a USB drive on my computer when i use it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember very well, because since getting a card reader, I haven't used phodrive. However, I know you either have to have the usb plugged in before you start phodrive, or after.

Whichever one you are doing atm, do the opposite, I'm sorry if that was a tad vague...

The gp32 should appear as an usb drive after you insert the cable and AFTER booting phodrive,
,at least on windows XP!! (98 reqs drivers)
Then you should see a GAME, GPETC, GPMM, GPSYS and MP3 folder on it.
If not all, make them. Then just copy any gp32 'exe" file to the gpmm folder

If this doesn't work:

Keep the gp32 powered,
Enter usb drive mode (phodrive)
Use mkdosfs_GUI.exe (see file archive) to format the smc.
DON'T POWER DOWN THE GP32 now!!
quickly put all folders and phodrive back on the smc.

Now you can reboot and try again.

Back