Problems with sleep mode

ElMachain

Still Fresh
Hello everyone.

Just got my pandora, amazing little thing, everything works just perfect, all the buttons feel great no problems with the nubs, or the directional pad, it's just perfect.

I have a little problem with the sleep mode, when i turn it on again, the nubs doesn't work, and i can't open anything, and if a want to reboot it just freezes so o have to make a hard reboot everytime.

It did it with the HotFix 5 beta 4 and with the HotFix 5 RC 1

Also the battery doesn't seem to charge above 73%.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english

This sounds like a bad firmware flash to me. I would try re-flashing the firmware first and report back to us then.

This sounds like a bad firmware flash to me. I would try re-flashing the firmware first and report back to us then.

Ok i re-flash it and it keeps doing it, it only does it when the wifi it's on, when it's off i don't have any problem.

Any other sugestion?

Also the battery doesn't seem to charge above 73%.
This usually happens if the battery is not seated correctly. You should shut the Pandora down, take the battery out and re-seat it. Do NOT do this while it is plugged in, as I understand that that can lead to Very Bad Things. (Note also that the Pandora will start booting once you put the battery back in - this is normal.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen to Prometheus, for she is helpful and wise. I would re-seat the battery like she said (if there is any play in the battery compartment, maybe stick a bit of paper towel in there to try to secure it - I did this).

See how it acts after that. It does sound like there's some sort of power management issues here.

The battery seems fine although the cover doesn't quite fits fine, but my psp battery cover was far worse and never have a problem.

When i shake the pandora nothing sounds loose, but i would do the paper thing and see how it goes.

Thanks for everything

Ok, i think i solved the battery problem, i used my psp charger and it got to 93% overnight, today i'm gonna dry the battery and charge it all night and see, if i manage to get it to 100%.

I still have the sleep mode-wifi problem, i hope somebody have a clue of what's going on

If I were you, I would try to flash Hotfix 4 and see how it behaves then. It can't hurt to try anyway.

Also, I would try to take the battery out of the unit and let it completely drain for 20 minutes or so. That way, you know for certain that the hardware will completely reset. I would try this first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried all of the above ando nothing seems to work, i'm starting to think i'ts a harware problem.

Going to wait until an update comes out and if it keeps doing it maybe i'll send it to get it repaired.

Thanks for your advices

The sleep mode can't be a hardware problem, as this is a pure software solution ;)

I'll check that out.

The sleep mode can't be a hardware problem, as this is a pure software solution ;)

I'll check that out.
That´s great news, if it´s pure software it means i don´t have to send it back, I don´t wan´t to be away from my pandora, I love the little thing

Back