Process Error

lvidesh

Still Fresh
I apologise if this has been answered before.

I have registered my gp fine and downloaded all the various bits of software. I have formatted my smc fine and installed freeloader. It is when i try to install of upload anything to my smc the unit produces a process error at 100%. After that i close the prog and restart and look at my smc sometime the file is there reporting the correct size and sometimes the file is there with 0bytes size. Also sometimes after if the file is still in the gpmm dir and i try to open that dir i get process error.

Please someone help.

Thanx

Sounds odd... I remember running into some process errors on mine at one stage, but I can't remember how I fixed them... got a feeling it was by trying using a different machine. But I suspect you error isn't the same as mine... Since mine always occurred at 256kb; anything => 256Kb caused the error, anything less was fine...

Very weird.

Another way to fix a process error, which could help. If you're installing a .zpk or an .fpk, it assume directories like GAME and GPSYS are there already. So create them manually, and you'll find errors drop down a fair bit.

i have this problem all the time when I transfer movie files over (The odd mp3 but always movies). However I find that if I just leave it on the copying screen for a while and then close this window, then hit refresh in the linker and close it the files appear 80% of the time. Might be same with u????

Nice one whoever passed on the tip about manually creating folders, I'll try this tonight and see if it helps my probs

cheers

C3

Back