Pronunciation

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
Apparently, only according only to my mum, I lack the ability to pronounce the words 'mother' and 'father' in any other way that 'muvver' and 'farver'. Of course so one else has noticed it and say that I say them perfectly fine. However to humour my parent I spent 5 hours trying to do that. Now in that time I could probably of sussed out time travel but I was not able to create a adequate pronunciation that my mother was happy with. Is it possible that due to genetics or even biting my tongue in the wrong place or something that I cannot achieve the 'th' sound rather than the 'f' and 'v' sound? My mum then went on to say I'd fail university and be laughed at all the time, hasn't happened so far in 16.5 years, and when I asked why she just said shut up. When I started to explain genetic variation and the fact that my other whole brother can't do it yet the two without my real dad as a parent can she just said that I was being stupid and calling her stupid. I then got my dad to do it and he can't prnounce it adequately for her either so I said it must of been genetics. She then told me to fuck off and once again briefed me on my future failed education due to the 'th' syllable. God she is annoying!!!

*Rant Over*

Haha, mispronunciation is the reason that Supernanny was sentenced to death by Lil Ry in Goitfights.

Your muvver is just noticing now that you don't know how to speak properly?

I'd say she deserves part of the blame.

I speak in a rather upper class manner I just cannot prounce the 'th' in mother or father adaquately to her approval. So I do speak properly except two words and my tongue is like pretty big. I wonder if its because of that or that fact that my face got scraped almost to bits in a accident before.

Actually so far I'm a success but however I'm afraid nothing more can be said for you. WHo failed at everything in life and always will. Also my mum is actually a failiure ironically. She says my dad who earns large amounts of money a failiure :blink:

from wiltshire ??? shouldnt you be saying ohhhh errrrrrr farverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dont worry im from bristol, you proberbly sound posh compared to me !!!!

Indeed I do as I come from a rich-ish family lol but basically my mum said i would not be able to go to a Uni but the lecturers and students at UWE speak much less dignifiably than me and praised me for my text book answers lol. I know too much. Got punched in the head 6 times. It better not make me stupid!

sam fisher posted on Mar 17 2006 at 09:10 PM said:
Indeed I do as I come from a rich-ish family lol but basically my mum said i would not be able to go to a Uni but the lecturers and students at UWE speak much less dignifiably than me and praised me for my text book answers lol. I know too much. Got punched in the head 6 times. It better not make me stupid!
Hahaha.... Ouin vysemo ec uhmo "nelr" yc oui bid ed palyica uv ouin aqdundeuhyda lnated lyntc pemmc.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on Mar 17 2006 at 09:32 PM said:
Iay oday otnay nowkay hatway uoyay reay alkingtay boutaay!

Or in real Latin:

Ego operor ignoro quis vos es sermo super
Ahkmecr bek.

sam fisher posted on Mar 17 2006 at 10:15 PM said:
Ego sum rumex ego operor non narro in al bhed
Pleaseus shutus uppus, youus elitistus bastardus.

OK, I'm guessing that was something to do with calling me an inexpert bastard and telling me you're not going to shut up.

I don't think most people want to read posts involving you telling us how great you are and how you're the best at everything. Especially in Latin.

Back