Protecting The Screen?

1magus

Does anybody sell a screen protector that fits on the Pandoras screen size? Any electronics store for example?

The Archos 605 WiFi uses the same screen. It is believed that the screen protectors for that may fit, although if you're planning on buying one, I would suggest waiting until you have your Pandora on-hand before you do so, just in case it doesn't (for example - in case the screen surround gets in the way of applying and removing it).

yes, it has passed around this forums already alot times, try search is i thought it was something with archos or something

Is a screen protector even necessary? Isn't the whole point of the clamshell design so that it does not get scratched?

I live in a pretty dusty environment (high desert). The screens of my devices frequently get fine grit on them which has to be wiped off before use. I can imagine grains getting stuck between stylus and screen and slowly turning it into a haze of tiny scratches. All the used portables at the local GameStops looks like they've been attacked with ScotchBrite. I'll be using some kind of screen protection.

Zagg is pretty democratic about the devices they support. Typically all it takes is enough people requesting their covers and then someone sending an example unit in so that they can cut a template.

See here and here.

I use one of their covers on my Droid. It's not perfect but it's tough, and the folks at Best Buy are a ton better at putting them on than I am (you've got to excel at something, I guess). That's probably the route I'll go when I get mine...might even send mine to Zagg as the guinea pig.

Edit: The Zagg isn't perfect for a fingertip screen because it's kind of tacky, so your finger drags a bit when it's new. For some reason I think this would be advantageous for stylus input, though.

I bought a Zagg Invisible Shield and another screen protector off another member of the forum recently. Have to say, the screen size was smaller than I thought, but I think it'll be fine once I get my device. In a lot of videos (especially from ED) there's use of the stylus, so a screen protector in my view, is prudent. Although I hope it doesn't reduce sensitivity too much, or colour.

I'm using a 3M Vikuiti ARMR200 on my N800. It's got an anti reflective paper-like surface and is suitable for outdoor use.

mali said:
I'm using a 3M Vikuiti ARMR200 on my N800. It's got an anti reflective paper-like surface and is suitable for outdoor use.

I'm a fan of anything 3M. Mind if I ask where you got it?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I bought it here:
http://www.displayschutz4u.de/vikuiti-armr200-schutzfolie-display-folie-displayschutz-nokia-n800.html

edit:
These should be adequate for Pandora:
http://www.displayschutz4u.de/displayschutz-schutzfolien/mp3-mp4-player/archos/605-wifi/

Alec  said:
Is a screen protector even necessary? Isn't the whole point of the clamshell design so that it does not get scratched?
The clamshell design doesn't protect the screen from scratches caused by stylo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back