Prozac

kknd_cf

La vieille dame et les pigeons
Website
Visit site
I got prescribed this stuff today for my depression and will start taking it tommorow morning, the side affects are really disturbing. Just wondering if any one has used this in the past and what it did to them. Also are the effects that great?

Thanks

My Mom was prescribed prozac, and she disliked it very, very strongly. She had "psychotic" thoughts and felt strange, in general. She quickly stopped taking it when those side-effects persisted

I'd ask for something milder with fewer side-effects, Welbutrin for example. Bottom line is, though, do you really think you need to take an anti-depressent in general? In my humble personal experience, trying to solve emotional problems with a magic prescription doesn't work. If the underlying problem still exists, the prescription is a band-aid at best.

Don't take it just because the doctor thinks it's a good idea. Doctors aren't perfect by any definition of the word. If you're this concerned about it, it would be wise to seek a second opinion.

Sad to hear your suffering from depression.
I dont really know much about all this, but you could "try" prozac just to see if it does work for you and you dont get side effects. i dont know mayby have some one keep your prozac just incase you go crazy or something.
good luck anyway

Nothing... send them over Craig...

kknd_cf: Depression is a bitch, I've never had any medication for it, but I have been hella depressed before... anyway try not bundle or your negatives together... which is what I realised I was doing even though I was adament I was thinking positively. Anyway, good luck with things, don't know what to advise you about the prozac. I ibviously don't know why you are depressed but maybe you can sort things out without havin to take the prozac?

I seem to recall, that there are two kinds of depression, psychological, and medical, due to lack of a chemical, or inbalance of chemicals in one's brain/system. For the latter, drugs help, and they actually fix the problem. For the former, uppers are just treatment for the symptoms, not cure...

Allways wanted to try provigil, but it's damn expensive, and needs a prescription... :(

You don't need prozac. I've been diagnosed with clinical depression before and the most important thing is to deal with these things and not use drugs to mask them.

anti-depressants are for idiots. If you cant stop feeling sorry for urself and look on the bright side of life, your a waste of resources, i.e oxygen.

Deleted User posted on Sep 5 2006 at 09:58 PM said:
anti-depressants are for idiots. If you cant stop feeling sorry for urself and look on the bright side of life, your a waste of resources, i.e oxygen.

mayby not everyone is superman

Last edited by a moderator:
Klown posted on Sep 5 2006 at 09:09 PM said:
You don't need prozac. I've been diagnosed with clinical depression before and the most important thing is to deal with these things and not use drugs to mask them.
You never got over it, did you?

People who use 'your' instead of 'you're', which is an abbreviation for 'You are', are more likely to be a waste of resources...

Maybe if you actually got depressed you'd know more about it.

sam fisher posted on Sep 5 2006 at 10:24 PM said:
Klown posted on Sep 5 2006 at 09:09 PM said:

People who use 'your' instead of 'you're', which is an abbreviation for 'You are', are more likely to be a waste of resources...

Maybe if you actually got depressed you'd know more about it.

No-one cares anbout grammar.

Edit: no-one cares about grammar cos this is a forum.

Probably the most hurr worthy reply i've seen for a while.

You are in no position to bitch at people like this Fisher.

stop trolling fucktard

Back