PS1 bin/cue question

andyhamer

I have just discovered that one of my favourite PS1 games that i ripped ages ago (Tempest X3) has a missing .cue file, i have recently tried the .bin on Rearmed hoping that would be enough, but unfortunately it won't go beyond the title screen (it is listed as perfect in the Rearmed compatability list.. bin/cue Pal) is there any way i can create the .cue file myself, as the game will not read in my drives any more (one scratch too many perhaps)

Thanks.

I have just discovered that one of my favourite PS1 games that i ripped ages ago (Tempest X3) has a missing .cue file, i have recently tried the .bin on Rearmed hoping that would be enough, but unfortunately it won't go beyond the title screen (it is listed as perfect in the Rearmed compatability list.. bin/cue Pal) is there any way i can create the .cue file myself, as the game will not read in my drives any more (one scratch too many perhaps)

Thanks.
The cue file is not necessary. I can run all my bin files on pcsx-rearmed perfectly fine. Try ripping or downloading again.

I'm afraid I don't know if it's even possible to recreate a cue file manually - it seems that it would be quicker and easier to re-rip the disc, in such a case.

The cue file is not necessary.
The cue file is necessary if the game has redbook audio, and such. It contains information on where in the bin rip the tracks are located.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think perhaps that Prometheus is correct on this one, as my version is the Pal bin (runs perfect according to Rearmed's compatability page) and the music in this game is integral, i can't re-rip as my version won't read anymore (even in my PS1)

Any other suggestions?

I think perhaps that Prometheus is correct on this one, as my version is the Pal bin (runs perfect according to Rearmed's compatability page) and the music in this game is integral, i can't re-rip as my version won't read anymore (even in my PS1)

Any other suggestions?

If the disc is scratched try using a little car cutting compound (T-cut) to buff out the scratches. Use a slighty damp cloth and circular motions and then rub off the excess compound with a dry cloth. My Driver disc was scratched and this got it working.

Any other suggestions?

If the disc is scratched try using a little car cutting compound (T-cut) to buff out the scratches. Use a slighty damp cloth and circular motions and then rub off the excess compound with a dry cloth. My Driver disc was scratched and this got it working.

Thanks, but previously it's been through a re-surfacing machine (twice) and i have already tried a similar method to the one you suggest (that has been successful with other disks) i suspect this disk has just been used a little too much.. it used to be a religion for me back in the day, i am one of the idiotic few who bought a Jaguar console just so i could play the (superior) Tempest 2000 (I love that game so much!)

Oh well, it's looking like the only option is to try and source another copy, i wonder what ever happened to the Tempest 2000/Jaguar version that was once in the works for Pandora, i am sure there were some videos of it up and running.. curious why it was stopped

Last edited by a moderator:
A drop of vegetable oil rubbed in with a paper towel has never failed to give me a couple of hours of use from even the most scratched up disk, long enough to rip it, at least, so I can make a backup.

is there any way i can create the .cue file myself

It's no more than a text file - if you can find someone with the same (exact, Pal or Ntsc etc) game in Bin/Cue format (someone must have it to have submitted it to the compatibility list) they could PM you the text. Don't have it myself.

It's no more than a text file - if you can find someone with the same (exact, Pal or Ntsc etc) game in Bin/Cue format (someone must have it to have submitted it to the compatibility list) they could PM you the text. Don't have it myself.

Good idea, PM sent.

Back