ps2 reality media player

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
I was looking around to see if i could get ps2 to play vcds wen i came across the reality media player. Iv got a load of films ripped onto divx cds that iv bin using for my gp32 so it would be cool if i could get em to work for the ps2. I have no modchip at the moment so i was wondering if anyone knew the best way to get the cd to boot. Is there an easy boot cd + external modchip combination? I dont want to open up my ps2 so an internal modchip isnt really what i want.

Thanks in advance.

All the mod chips require you to open the PS2 up even the external ones. there are a few options you can choose from

1. Swap trick. You need to remove the top of your ps2 and dvd drive and use an action replay/gameshark to swap the game.

2. external mod. You still need to open the ps2 to solder 1 wire.

3. internal mod. you need to open the ps2 and solder about 18 points (the last time i checked) but it still needs to swap most games at the moment.

Serch round for PS2 mod chips on the net and find one for you. The swap trick has a new top for the ps2 with a lid built in to make it easier to swap.

If you go to www.ps2newz.net, the most recent thing they seem to be talking about is a bug which lets you run code off the memory card. You need to know someone with a modded ps2 to make a save game for a ps1 game you own using a utility on the site. You copy this save game, and a disk boot utility onto your own memory card. Whenever you use that memory card / game combination in the ps2 it will run the boot menu instead, letting you change disks and boot. I have not tried this out for myself, I may be totally wrong :), but that's how i understood it! Hang around the ps2 site for a bit. Everyone's trying it at the moment so you can get some help there. Hope this helps. Jace

Spaz O Mataz posted on Sep 1 2003 said:
All the mod chips require you to open the PS2 up even the external ones. there are a few options you can choose from

1. Swap trick. You need to remove the top of your ps2 and dvd drive and use an action replay/gameshark to swap the game.

2. external mod. You still need to open the ps2 to solder 1 wire.

3. internal mod. you need to open the ps2 and solder about 18 points (the last time i checked) but it still needs to swap most games at the moment.

Serch round for PS2 mod chips on the net and find one for you. The swap trick has a new top for the ps2 with a lid built in to make it easier to swap.
wen i said the external one, i meant the one that just plugged into the usb port.

Last edited by a moderator:
You still need to open up the ps2! The neokey thing that goes into the usb port requires you to solder 1 wire.

oh, they failed to mention that in the ad <_<. All i want to run is this media player and the snes emu. i mite just shell out for a dreamcast and use that instead 4 emulation. seems a little complicated wen i look at some guides tho so im not sure :blink:

i've got a PS2, modded, and have used the media player, it's ok, the quality isn't amazing or anything, although i wasn't expecting it be, i'll just stick to my PC with TV-out for watching divx.

The SNES emu is ok, the version i'm running doesn't have 100% sound support, as in it plays back very choppily on most titles. Also with sound turn on, there is a noticable slowdown. Haven't checked if a new version is out yet, so they might of sorted this......

Oh yeah, i've got one of those magic 3 chips. Plays everything i've thrown at it without the need for swapping any disks, which is a bonus. From everything i've read it seems to be the best chip on the market (i'm kinda bored with the PS2 though, so haven't really been keeping up with the whole news aspect of it)

heh, i'll swap it for your GP32 if you like!!!!*

*Disclaimer: this is a(n admittedly lame) joke, please don't take offence/habour hatred for me suggesting it. Thank you for your time

Sorry, I cannot help you with this seeing as how I dont have a ps2. But I know how to do the modless xbox exploit with the hacked fonts. Its cool using evox on an unvoided xbox, running all sorts of emus and apps.

There is a trick about tuning your ps2 laser, dont try it. You need some good equipment for ajusting it, so its pointless. You're better off going with a modchip, although I havent tried the swap trick, it just seeps too ghetto to me.

Back