PS3 Controller

Cas

Hi

Can a PS3 controller be setup to use with the Pandora, just wondered as it is bluetooth, and if so

could it be used to the PS1 games ?

How do I get the Pandora to recognise it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think so, can't quite remember, but I can't see why not (unless there's a driver issue, of course.

If you do, Sony will sue you for using a Sony product in tandem with a non-Sony-approved program. Just ask George Hotz!

If you do, Sony will sue you for using a Sony product in tandem with a non-Sony-approved program. Just ask George Hotz!
While I would love to dismiss this as a bit of trolling, by now I wouldn't actually put it past Sony to actually do something genuinely stupid like that. :(

While I would love to dismiss this as a bit of trolling, by now I wouldn't actually put it past Sony to actually do something genuinely stupid like that. :(
We're talking about non-Sony-approved activities on a non-Sony-approved website, we're done for!

Also, I wrote an article on why I don't approve of Sony.

http://thestuffiread.blogspot.com/2011/02/ps3-fiasco-aka-why-im-not-buying-one.html

They've been doing stuff like this since around 1999 or so, in just as high-profile a fashion. Why is everyone so surprised about it *now*? I'm genuinely curious.

How is this most recent identical move any different to the bleem! LLC case, the rootkit scandal, the Lik-Sang fiasco, and so on?

They've been doing stuff like this since around 1999 or so, in just as high-profile a fashion. Why is everyone so surprised about it *now*? I'm genuinely curious.

How is this most recent identical move any different to the bleem! LLC case, the rootkit scandal, the Lik-Sang fiasco, and so on?
Because now, it's personal.

I was a fan of Sony kit at one stage. The root-kit scandal turned me right off them. Criminal arrogance.

Still carry my Clié but I did buy that second-hand and it has my passwords on it for.

I have a replacement unit lined up but that's taking a little longer than I expected to arrive. :p

The battery's shot on it so hurry up Craig. :p

Prometheus, isn't it you he keeps warning me about using logic on the internet? :p

Because now, it's personal.
And again, how is that any different to all of the other times? ;)

LOL, it's just hit a breaking point. Geo just seemed to be this guy, living his life, doing his thing, and saving the free world. It's because deep down inside, sure we all contain bits of bleem!, fear of rootkits, etc., but deeper down lies the compelling truth: we are all geohot.

Anyhow, and Sony did some especially nasty things here, like taking his stuff, asking for IP addresses from Google of everybody who's had anything to do with PS3 hacking, etc. This time, it just feels wrong. Not the regular type of wrong either that we get from Micro$oft, but I mean a new type of evil. Advaaaannnceed evil.

LOL, it's just hit a breaking point. Geo just seemed to be this guy, living his life, doing his thing, and saving the free world. It's because deep down inside, sure we all contain bits of bleem!, fear of rootkits, etc., but deeper down lies the compelling truth: we are all geohot.

Anyhow, and Sony did some especially nasty things here, like taking his stuff, asking for IP addresses from Google of everybody who's had anything to do with PS3 hacking, etc. This time, it just feels wrong. Not the regular type of wrong either that we get from Micro$oft, but I mean a new type of evil. Advaaaannnceed evil.
But again, this is no different from taking a small company to court, losing that case, and continuing to drag them back in order to cause the legal fees to rack up so as to kill off that company anyway, or from buying up a similar company to the one they killed in order to kill off their products because the court thing probably wouldn't work a second time after they'd already lost the other one, or from getting a judgement against an absent party and putting an end to their business, or from installing malware via audio CDs onto the computers of paying customers...

We are not "all geohot" - they've long been an anti-consumer company doing anti-consumer things such as those listed above. Why is this one any different? Seriously. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks, and it being "advanced evil" is not a satisfactory explanation (to me, at least) as to why people are acting as though this sort of thing is new and sudden, and suddenly taking umbrage over it, over at least a decade after it all really started. :p

It's certainly not new or surprising, nor is it fundamentally different, I'll give you that. However, up until now, people have been able to find a nice, comfortable rationalisation for Sony's behaviour. The rootkit? Oh, just a bad judgement call. Bleem? Lik-Sang? Oh, that's just business. People finally get jittery when they see Big Business going after Joe in the attic, tinkering with his PS3. However, there are seriously people praising Sony to high heaven for the current cases against Geohot and others, rationalising it as Sony just taking care of the dirty cheaters. <_<

Anyway, the thing that surprised me is not so much the dickiness of what they're doing as the stupidness. From the OtherOS removal forward, Sony's done nothing but shoot itself in the foot continuously. Going after consumers in court is fine and dandy when you're the RIAA or MPAA and don't have to care about your own reputation, but I just can't see it doing anything positive for Sony.

It's certainly not new or surprising, nor is it fundamentally different, I'll give you that. However, up until now, people have been able to find a nice, comfortable rationalisation for Sony's behaviour. The rootkit? Oh, just a bad judgement call. Bleem? Lik-Sang? Oh, that's just business. People finally get jittery when they see Big Business going after Joe in the attic, tinkering with his PS3. However, there are seriously people praising Sony to high heaven for the current cases against Geohot and others, rationalising it as Sony just taking care of the dirty cheaters. <_<

Anyway, the thing that surprised me is not so much the dickiness of what they're doing as the stupidness. From the OtherOS removal forward, Sony's done nothing but shoot itself in the foot continuously. Going after consumers in court is fine and dandy when you're the RIAA or MPAA and don't have to care about your own reputation, but I just can't see it doing anything positive for Sony.
Now that makes sense! Thankyou for the explanation. :) (Incidentally, Sony's part of the RIAA, aren't they?)

Regarding people finally getting jittery now, I now have to wonder how they didn't see it coming. :blink: I mean, I saw it coming back in 1999...

Now that makes sense! Thankyou for the explanation. :) (Incidentally, Sony's part of the RIAA, aren't they?)
You're welcome. Yeah, Sony's a member of both the RIAA and the MPAA. Thing is, people see the RIAA screw over a poor housewive or student, and don't think of the corporations that it's made up of.

Regarding people finally getting jittery now, I now have to wonder how they didn't see it coming. :blink: I mean, I saw it coming back in 1999...
As long as they, themselves, aren't the target, they don't really need to care. After all, Sony's only going after the pirates and cheaters, and leaving all us good folk alone. There's also the matter of how little news of Sony's exploits reaches beyond the tech sphere. Having boots stomp all over our freedom isn't as important as the latest zoo animal to attract a following.

But again, this is no different from taking a small company to court, losing that case, and continuing to drag them back in order to cause the legal fees to rack up so as to kill off that company anyway, or from buying up a similar company to the one they killed in order to kill off their products because the court thing probably wouldn't work a second time after they'd already lost the other one, or from getting a judgement against an absent party and putting an end to their business, or from installing malware via audio CDs onto the computers of paying customers...

We are not "all geohot" - they've long been an anti-consumer company doing anti-consumer things such as those listed above. Why is this one any different? Seriously. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks, and it being "advanced evil" is not a satisfactory explanation (to me, at least) as to why people are acting as though this sort of thing is new and sudden, and suddenly taking umbrage over it, over at least a decade after it all really started. :p

Hahaha, IDK, for some reason it just feels different. Maybe it's because people are more interconnected now? I don't have much clue, but it feels different (well, to me and the masses, anyway).

But yeah, I hate Sony. End of line.

I used to buy all Sony stuff, ear phones, stereos, cd players, well, everything audio but then I got an iPod and have not bought anything audio from them since. I did buy the PS1 but before the PS2 came out I was a computer gamer so I haven't bought anything else game wise from them.

However, I will never buy from Sony again, the same reason I'll never buy from major recording labels: They sued their fans. I don't care what the reasons are, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Companies suing companies I have no problem with but companies suing individuals just seems low, especially when the people the companies are suing have not profited at all for what they're being sued for.

Granted the major recored labels suing individuals and what Sony is doing now is not exactly alike. However, for me the fact they're suing people that like their products is enough of a similarity for me.

As much as I love Sony products, I am not happy knowing that since visiting the wiki and reading more about Geohot and his argument against Sony (and following the link to his blog) that due to a court order granted Sony they will now be tracking my IP and where I visit for who know how long, just because I looked at the dudes blog.

So now I plan to search for every hacking and cracking PS3 usage website to see if they try to sue me. Be interesting seeing as how I don't have a PS3. Maybe I can counter sue for invasion of privacy and false accusation then. Oh darn they will probably read this and I won't get rich after all.

I'll bet the board user "Sony" was really a Sony spy (as dumb as that sentence is, it actually could seem plausible now!)...wonder what happened to him haven't seen him around in a while.

As much as I love Sony products, I am not happy knowing that since visiting the wiki and reading more about Geohot and his argument against Sony (and following the link to his blog) that due to a court order granted Sony they will now be tracking my IP and where I visit for who know how long, just because I looked at the dudes blog.

I'm speechless.

Back