Ps3 Ffvii Tech Demo

KickinWing posted on May 26 2005 at 01:57 PM said:
Maybe its my connection, but this demo doesn't look like it's in Game, and doesn't look much better than what the PS2 can already do, but again it is a demo.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfanta...ps31_051605.asx

Well at least they are getting the game eventually. With that title the PS3 will be super popular. Stuff like this is why the Xbox 360 is in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
you have to also remember that these are low quality compressed videos to make it easier to stream them :)...

KickinWing posted on May 26 2005 at 03:57 PM said:
Maybe its my connection, but this demo doesn't look like it's in Game, and doesn't look much better than what the PS2 can already do, but again it is a demo.

Errm, well it IS In Game.
What sense would a Tech-Demo have if it just shows up some pre-rendered stuff?? (except for if this game would be released - which won't be the case!)

They polished up the render-models and let the PS3 do some realtime stuff...

Last edited:
What i meant by in game was that it didn't look like the character was controlled by someone, it looked more like a movie sequence, and if thats the case the quality didn't look much better than PS2, but when i get home i'll have to download the video above that is better quality.

It's a tech demo, which means that it's all rendered in real-time but has little or no game engine running behind the scenes. A bit like the cut-scenes from a game like Grand Theft Auto.

As far as i know, This game will not be on the ps3. From what was in the nearly 2 hour ps3 conference video, The guy hosting it (don`t know his name) basically said that it was a tech demo to show the graphical advances of the ps3 when compared to the psx, Using FFVII as an example, As everyone remembers it.

Trooper

EvilDragon posted on May 26 2005 at 03:51 PM said:
KickinWing posted on May 26 2005 at 03:57 PM said:

Errm, well it IS In Game.
What sense would a Tech-Demo have if it just shows up some pre-rendered stuff?? (except for if this game would be released - which won't be the case!)

They polished up the render-models and let the PS3 do some realtime stuff...

It is just what it says, a tech demo. It is rendered real time but has no game code, AI etc. Tech demos can look much better than a real game not only because of the lack of game code, but also because they know exactly where the camera is facing and can remove geometry every where else and concentrate it in front of the camera. If anyone has seen Sudeki on the Xbox you will notice that the intro etc which is done real time looks real nice with bloom lighting, shadows, far draw distance, smooth framerate. When you get to the actual game the framerate drops and many of the effects are stripped. Tech demos are a bit misleading even if they are realtime, I will wait for the true games to judge the power. I expect that it will be real good, just not quite as good as the demos in some ways.

Downloaded hires version... saw it... wasn´t impressed at all.
Modern PC´s can already do as good as that, and will do moch better by the time the PS3 is released. Just look at the screenshots and trailers for Gothic III or Unreal III.
If the PS3 cannot do much better than that, i´m not going to buy one. :angry:

Huxley posted on May 27 2005 at 11:08 AM said:
Fishbong: Sony showed a Unreal III demo on PS3, as did MS on the 360 (Gears of War). Looks every bit as good as the PC version and will probably cost a lot less to get up and running.
Oh, really? I guess i was uninformed then. I knew about the Xbox 360 release, but the PS3? Hmm, gotta look into this.

it was in the PS3 conference video :)

and having the power of 2 x Nvidia 6800 Ultras in one console would be enough graphics power for Years and Years and Years :p

Hell even todays games probably dont even use up all the power of 1 x Nvidia 6800 Ultra :p

You know, I'd forgotten that the old PS1 games run on the PS2...

Might be time to revisit FF7........

(Cos I'm so bored of my PSP, DS... but not GP32!!!!!)

:D

Jarska333 posted on May 27 2005 at 07:37 PM said:
What I'd love to see is a good sequel to Parasite Eve. :(

Blimey, i forgot to play that game.....

Back