Ps3 Realtime Screenshots (mgs4)

Daz_Genetic

Certified Guru
Website
www.dazos.com
I can't believe how good the next gen graphics are getting. It looks like the graphics on the PS3 are only limited by the art team involved, and not the power of the system.

Looks like I've got my work cut out if I wanna keep my job in this industry.

926596_20050916_screen001.jpg

926596_20050916_screen003.jpg

926596_20050916_screen009.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/meta...creenindex.html

OMFG snake looks like the editor from the daily bugle in the spiderman flicks, I'll never be able to play it seriously unless they change his image.

Looks amazing though.

Should see it in motion... absolutely fantastic 1up has a handcam video for download

OMG wow. It's the same fucking game with prettier graphics.

now you're just insulting for the sake of insulting.

COLUMNS IS JUST TETRIS BUT WITH ROUNDED OFF PIECES,

CASTLEVANIA ARIA OF SORROW IS LIKE THE FIRST BUT WITH BETTER GRAPHICS.

It doesn't work, but to be back on track, yeah the "old" look with the stasche I don't like, I think he needs slightly greyed stubble instead. But in the video the "new" look didn't bother me much at all. It kinda works in movement.

all i have to say is, omfg that looks so sexy, man, cant wait till the photo realistic games come out, mgs looks very close to it already!

yeh theres another 10 years to wait till we see photo realistic games out. I doubt ill be getting a PS3 but certainly looks very good. Does the video show any in game action instead of all the FMV like in the screenies

yeh theres another 10 years to wait till we see photo realistic games out. I doubt ill be getting a PS3 but certainly looks very good. Does the video show any in game action instead of all the FMV like in the screenies
Those are in-game screenshots.

OMG!!!!!

I would Never Get Anywhere in these next Gen games!!! I will be too Busy Looking at all the Detail and Quality!!!! :D :D

And think of it, The PS3 isnt out for another year or so and this game is one of the first in production, imagine the Quality a year or 2 on from the launch!!! :D

That's just insane. Wow.

I think, because of the power of the next consoles, that middleware is going to become more and more important. The danger is that all games become simular, but it will have to be done to keep development costs from reaching stupid amounts.

But back on topic, that looks fantastic. I'm embrassingly yet to play on MGS3...

iignotus posted on Sep 17 2005 at 01:33 PM said:

Mind you, from pre-determined angles. Ingam has to render some stuff beyond the view of the player, just incase he turns or something...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just about every MGS promotional trailer to data has shown video from the system rendered cutscenes so this is pretty much supposed to be representative of the way the game will look in the cinematics, Of course actual gameplay is a slightly differnt matter as they'll have to cut down the poly count a little and the camera angles will likely be more stationary like previous versions. But with the power were talking if this is real, there could be some interesting suprises interms of enemies you face and their intelligence.

Middleware never seemed to make much differeance to me, I mean the same Renderware that built one game like GTA had a completly differnt feel in Burnout so it's really up to the game and art designers, as well as the polygon modelers and animators. But if anything I think behavioral or environmental Middleware might be a better thing to create so that there isnt a whole lot of work needing to be spent on those things (granted they could be the more complex things this generation but you dont hyper intelligent enemies or perfect rian effects in every game. :p)

I think Snake looks older then he is because he hasn't dyed his hair black this time and grown a mustash. He doesn't seem to have any grey hair yet. It looks amazing and accoring to Gamespot they think that this is ingame due to aliasing and not perfect quality textures. They also mention that the trailer will be avalible to download from Konami any time soon. I still haven't played 2 and 3 :rolleyes:

mmm nothing will beat the first time i went from a non 3dfx card to a 4MB creative blaster+ 3dfx. the next gen consoles are all about gfx and not gameplay, me thinks ie old games with better gfx.

i feel sorry for the software developers i cant imagine how much pressure that they will be under.

me im definatley getting a Nintendo rev, for better gameplay and interaction.

never did like playing interactive movies anyhow.

What i wanna know is, if snake is gonna be all wrinkly, how come in the E3 trailer they showed nice, younger snake albeit with raiden, but young snake anyhow.

Why do that?

iignotus posted on Sep 17 2005 at 12:33 PM said:
If they are then why are there also pictures of concept art in the same series of pictures and why do a few of the shots look blurry, as if they are either concept art or pre-rendered video material, they (the blurry shots) don't look like anything you would see in-game.

I'll believe it when I actually see it running. Until then I say it's bullshot ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back