PSP AC Adapter

shadow.8

So I decided today I was going to go looking for a PSP ac adapter for my Pandora but I'm not having very good luck. Some of the reviews on Amazon's *official* Sony PSP adapter say its a fake. Newegg only has one for the PSP Go (which I am assuming wouldn't work here). Best Buy has one for $30 but I imagine I can find one cheaper. I don't want to buy one off eBay or Deal Extreme because I want an official one and not something that will harm my Panda.

Anyone purchased one recently or have a good link?

I bought a Sony one from Amazon and it works fine. If you're worried about fakes then don't buy the third-party ones.

As much as i don't like ebay, try buying one from a gold ribboned seller on there.

Last edited:
I bought a Sony one from Amazon and it works fine. If you're worried about fakes then don't buy the third-party ones.

I've been staying away from 3rd party ones, I'm just concerned with reviews like these:

This charger is fake! It's just a cheapo USB circuit board in a cheap piece of plastic. It will KILL your psp, and/or battery.
DO.

NOT.

BUY.

If it weighs three ounces, and if the sticker isn't registered well, it's a fake!

The cord clearly states is for PSP. It will charge but it does not fit. You have to gently place the PSP down to keep the cord in slot just right. Luckily I found my original charger that fits snugly into the charging hole. It was cheap, and it does work....I just don't think that the product description is entirely correct.

I received this adapter today in the mail and the adapter that fits in the playstation is sony BUT the plug part is not, it has 4-5 different japanese or chinese writings on the wiring, there are two totally different pieces, they don't even fit together properly, my husband had to force the plug piece in the adapter so it won't fall out, it does work however, but the pieces just dont match, its as if they ran out of the matching pieces and found something somewhat comparable and sent it to me!!!! I would have rather bought a knock off that fits properly than this one!

Does yours fit together perfectly? I'm just concerned that if I buy one that isn't from Sony despite however official it may look that I may be slowly killing my Pandora...

I've been staying away from 3rd party ones, I'm just concerned with reviews like these:

This charger is fake! It's just a cheapo USB circuit board in a cheap piece of plastic. It will KILL your psp, and/or battery.
DO.

NOT.

BUY.

If it weighs three ounces, and if the sticker isn't registered well, it's a fake!

The cord clearly states is for PSP. It will charge but it does not fit. You have to gently place the PSP down to keep the cord in slot just right. Luckily I found my original charger that fits snugly into the charging hole. It was cheap, and it does work....I just don't think that the product description is entirely correct.

I received this adapter today in the mail and the adapter that fits in the playstation is sony BUT the plug part is not, it has 4-5 different japanese or chinese writings on the wiring, there are two totally different pieces, they don't even fit together properly, my husband had to force the plug piece in the adapter so it won't fall out, it does work however, but the pieces just dont match, its as if they ran out of the matching pieces and found something somewhat comparable and sent it to me!!!! I would have rather bought a knock off that fits properly than this one!

Does yours fit together perfectly? I'm just concerned that if I buy one that isn't from Sony despite however official it may look that I may be slowly killing my Pandora...
try ebay

So I decided today I was going to go looking for a PSP ac adapter for my Pandora but I'm not having very good luck. Some of the reviews on Amazon's *official* Sony PSP adapter say its a fake. Newegg only has one for the PSP Go (which I am assuming wouldn't work here). Best Buy has one for $30 but I imagine I can find one cheaper. I don't want to buy one off eBay or Deal Extreme because I want an official one and not something that will harm my Panda.

Actually, a lot of eBay ones aren't fake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PSP-1000-Official-Wall-Charger-/230622648393?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item35b22e5849#ht_499wt_928

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=official+psp+charger&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Actually, a lot of eBay ones aren't fake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PSP-1000-Official-Wall-Charger-/230622648393?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item35b22e5849#ht_499wt_928

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=official+psp+charger&_sacat=See-All-Categories
right, try ebay from a gold ribboned seller.

^ A gold ribbon really doesn't mean much, unfortunately. Lots of vendors of fake goods have them, as they are seemingly easy to attain... :(

It likely wouldn't be slow. It would probably be very quick - and a fake would highly likely kill more than just the electronics, too...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ A gold ribbon really doesn't mean much, unfortunately. Lots of vendors of fake goods have them, as they are seemingly easy to attain... :(
i strongly disagree with you on this one.

i have found the gold ribboned sellers to be the most reliable of all.

i have been a ebayer for years,,,buyer and seller with 100%feedback and let me tell you getting one is not easy.

there is a good reason they earn that ribbon, usually.

Last edited:

there is a good reason they earn that ribbon usually.
Yes, unfortunately so (this link pertains to flash memory, but it applies to just about anything being sold).

Whilst there are genuine sellers of genuine goods, a graphic depicting a gold ribbon alone is not something I would personally rely upon.

Last edited by a moderator:

there is a good reason they earn that ribbon usually.
Yes, unfortunately so.

Whilst there are genuine sellers of genuine goods, a graphic depicting a gold ribbon alone is not something I would personally rely upon.
Well i have relied on it and have found this to be the safest bet when buying from a ebay seller. I have bought and sold on ebay for years.

Once again, i strongly disagree with your comment. You can always site some bad apples but that does not mean the tree is infected.

think about it.

Last edited:

Where are you from anyway? USA?

Shadow go the ebay way and make sure you get a money back guarantee from a gold ribbon seller.

I live in the western USA.

I'm a little nervous about eBay because I've been burned in the past but maybe it's worth another shot. Thanks for the input everyone. When I get home I'll look around and let you guys know what I find.

I live in the western USA.

I'm a little nervous about eBay because I've been burned in the past but maybe it's worth another shot. Thanks for the input everyone. When I get home I'll look around and let you guys know what I find.

let me know....

go ebay with a gold ribbon seller that gives a money back guarantee. I live in the states now and have been buying/selling on ebay for years.... buy within the USA.

my big complaint is ebay seller fees are out of line.

Last edited:
Well i have relied on it and have found this to be the safest bet when buying from a ebay seller. I have bought and sold on ebay for years.

Once again, i strongly disagree with your comment. You can always site some bad apples but that does not mean the tree is infected.
It doesn't mean the whole tree is rotten, but it does demonstrate that you can't say the apples on that tree are definitively better than the ones next door.

It doesn't mean the whole tree is rotten, but it does demonstrate that you can't say the apples on that tree are definitively better than the ones next door.
Yes you can if less are rotten and the tree is bigger.

and there is a 30 day money back guarantee.. :p

Last edited:
Back