Psp Downgrading Possible Soon

Fishbong

man of poor reputation
Website
Visit site
Awesome News! It will be possible in a few days to downgrade a PSP with 1.5x firmware to 1.5 !
Good news for me, for i´ve been able to get my hands on a 1.51 !!! (little trading involved).
Soooo, i will be able to play homebrew again soon!

Any proof that its not a fake? i dont trust some site reporting something they heard when it dosnt come directly from a trusted source.
And a setted release date at homebrew allways sounds fishy.

Erm, this has been announced by the developer himself, Yoshihiro, who is well known in the PSP scene, especially for his version changer tool (which is used to prevent games from updating your firmware, in case you don´t know) so i would say this is indeed a trusted source.

Show me a proof that he sayd it, its just someone in a forum saying that he sayd it.
I prefer beeing sceptik than beliveing evything iam getting told.
There ware so many fakes in teh short livetime of the psp.

Vimacs posted on Aug 29 2005 at 09:19 AM said:
Show me a proof that he sayd it, its just someone in a forum saying that he sayd it.
I prefer beeing sceptik than beliveing evything iam getting told.
There ware so many fakes in teh short livetime of the psp.

He has said it.

You seem really negative on all the avoidng update/firmware hacking issue...any reason behind that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jup, Yoshihiro HIMSELF announced it...(well, in this forum a admin wrote it) What more proof is needed?

And if it is a fake, then why is this hack limited to ONLY 1.5x versions? IF someone Announced something like: "OMG teh 2.0 frimware haz been cracked !!111!" then i´d be sceptical, but why fake such "small fishes"?

Goodjob we have homebrew...

But not to worry...Virtua Tennis, GTA....and WE out soon.

what's to look forward to? WE yeah, but GTA..HEEELLL NO! and GT4 mobile will probably be released at the end of the psp's life, hah.
huge lack of games...

the summer is the traditional dead period for game releases. September is when the new games start to drop if this "downgrader" is released sept. 1 like they claim people will have to decide to either downgrade to continue playing emulators or upgrade to play games they've been waiting for for 3 months.

Either that or just constantly switch between firmware to play both, and risk ruining their PSPs altogether.

hahaha see how Sony tries to entice people to firmware 2.0?

For the first time, we're beta testing a title exclusively for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system — SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo. We'd like you to apply to be one of our beta testers. Space is limited, so register today, using only your PSP browser. (You will not be able to register for this beta test any other way.)

Just follow these simple steps:

1) Upgrade your PSP Firmware to 2.0*

2) From your PSP Internet browser go to http://pspbeta.us.playstation.com. (We will only accept registrations that are completed on the PSP browser.)

3) Follow the onscreen instructions to complete your registration

You will not receive a confirmation email. We will not send out acceptance notifications until all applications are processed.

Please note that this beta is ONLY playable online on your PSP system via a wireless Internet connection. No offline version is available.

*Instructions on how to download and install the 2.0 Firmware Upgrade:
• Information and instructions about using your computer to install the Firmware are available here.
• If you have wireless Internet access, simply choose the "Network Update" option under the settings menu of your PSP system. More details.

Have you played it? It's probably the pick of the crop for me, come thursday. It'll be odd to walk into a shop, and buy a psp game....

Back