Psp Games Proved To Be Region Free

kotd

Website
Visit site
Well for those that thought Sony was lying or worried (like me) because each Japanese game had a region 2 logo on the game boxes, your fears can be put to rest. More info here http://psp.ign.com/articles/593/593861p1.html

Plus most of the Jap games that had bugs will get fixed for the US release. Good news.

Where does everyone recommend for US/Canada games to be shipped to the UK?

I usually go with DVDBoxoffice, but have heard about these guys:

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/ ?

Never used them before. Heard good things. Fast, reliable?

yeah I wasn't expecting the link up to work, as the devs usually change and revise the code when they release the game in a new region.

damn... now all you haters STFU already :D :p

sorry needed to get that off my chest :D

Seriously though, while most of us already KNEW this was gonna be the case (how many times must those Sony reps TELL you!) it's good that it's finally been confirmed for all to see. I'm still getting a US one on launch either way so no skin off my nose either way, though my wife is happier to know since she was going to inherit my japanese unit.

It's good to hear about some games being fixed as well... The between level pauses in Lumines being gone is friggin sweet... I'm not surprised about the japanese and US games not being able to link up for multiplayer, that's always been the case at least with other portables (never understood how so many kids were buying import Pokemon games when they couldn't trade with their friends anyways!).

Overall very good news, good lookin out kotd :)

Well there is a lot of sony haters and if sony did lie than I would have become one of them as well as my Jap PSP would be useless. However my brother kept assuring me that Sony wouldn't lie because the backlash would be to great. I'm glad I don't have to sell my Jap PSP for peanuts :)

bast525 posted on Mar 6 2005 at 02:00 AM said:
that's always been the case at least with other portables (never understood how so many kids were buying import Pokemon games when they couldn't trade with their friends anyways!).

Interesting. This was Jap imports with US games?

I imported my Pokemon from the US back in the day (red version), I could trade and fight with all my UK buddies - UK and US version were compatable it seemed.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm hoping that the US and UK versions will turn out to be compatible, surely if both are in english then no alterations will be needed.

but i guess we'll have euro releases with the ability to change the language.

i can see multiplayer being a major part of the psp once it gets released over here, do i take the chance with US games on a JAP console and hope UK stuff works in harmony?

I'm gonna order Tiger Woods and Twisted Metal from the US Lauch. There's a few more I could get, but with GTA and GT coming out soon after, you cant blow your load in one go.

xboxit posted on Mar 6 2005 at 10:37 AM said:
I thought this was confirmed ages ago?
Maybe its just me.

No, there was never any proof, just Sony saying so. Now it has actually been physically tested.

@ Kop_007 yeah LOL so many to buy, so little money, good choice, I'm going for twisted metal and Wipeout Pure. TW rocks :D

yep,you wont be able to, unless both of you either have the US or Jap game. I think you should be able to play against any english game around the world though, so you should be able to play against Uk, Aus, Canada, etc because the game should be exactly the same.

However with games that actually support proper internet play, as 4 do on launch, i'm not sure, maybe you will be able to play against Japanese people.

kotd: I think online games will be playable against games in your region only (Not saying they will be region locked), as this is the way it has always been.

finty101 posted on Mar 7 2005 at 05:14 PM said:
kotd: I think online games will be playable against games in your region only (Not saying they will be region locked), as this is the way it has always been.

urm.... XBOX

Kop_007 posted on Mar 5 2005 at 06:17 PM said:

They look quite cheap :D Might order some games from there. Let m eknow how it gos if yuo order some games.

CABBAGES posted on Mar 7 2005 at 06:28 PM said:
Kop_007 posted on Mar 5 2005 at 06:17 PM said:

They look quite cheap :D Might order some games from there. Let m eknow how it gos if yuo order some games.

Will do.

eDit: Ordered Tiger Woods and Twisted Metal, all seems ok so far. Shipping was £5 or so, bringing my order to just over 50 notes. I've heard they are really good with marking stuff down, so I;m hopefull this will be my final amount.

Back