Psp Scene Dead ??

Website
Visit site
I bought a 1.5 FW PSP in order to run some of the marvellous PSP emulators and homebrews that seemed a couple of month ago to come out daily in the very prominsing PSP scene.

Now (probably due to Sony and its continuous FW upgrades) everything seems to have come to a stop, and that good devs have leaved the PSP scene alone.

I'm also thinking about selling my PSP (I've just bought a GP2X).

Are you having the very same feeling ?

I bought a 1.5 FW PSP in order to run some of the marvellous PSP emulators and homebrews that seemed a couple of month ago to come out daily in the very prominsing PSP scene.

Now (probably due to Sony and its continuous FW upgrades) everything seems to have come to a stop, and that good devs have leaved the PSP scene alone.

I'm also thinking about selling my PSP (I've just bought a GP2X).

Are you having the very same feeling ?
not really. the scene is far from dead IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
the scene has been dead to me for a long time :p i gave my psp away to a friend i owed money to, but i didn't feel bad about it at all.
thing were going crazy initially, but it's died down a lot since.

A load of crap.
Just yesterday a new v2 loader was released.
It's just that ED doesn't have time to update the psparchive anymore, so he advises psp-news.dcemu.co.uk

Until a modchip of sorts is released, there can never be true greatness on the PSP since as soon as one firmware is cracked, another will be released in its place.

At the moment, it's an endless battle...which Sony appears to be winning.

I will be holding out, as it is my dream to have everything on one device...which my PSP currently allows me to do (well, except GTA)...

It would be good if it was a phone and camera too, just do it Sony.

I wouldn't say that they are winning. We can't run gta, but that is it. Any other ISO we can run with absolutly no modification to the system. That is pretty good.

i've been quite attentive toward squidge's psp for sale in the market place, been quite tempted to offer my own psp to the person who failed in the auction!i haven't picked up my psp of late, though i should, there are many pirate releases available.

at xmas i plan on picking up lumines, virtua and burnout, these being the only games to consistently make it on to my 1gb stick. along with these i will also get gta, if just to see what its like.

I gave up on PSP homebrew and I couldnt be happier. GTA is hours of fun and I just grabbed the Euro import of Pursuit Force which is tough but is kinda like a cross between Spyhunter and Burnout. 2 RPGs have just been released with a 3rd on the way and there are a few other games due just before Xmas that I might attempt to get as gifts.

Er why can't you guys run GTA and homebrew? Whats wrong with downgrading? I keep a copy of both Eboots my memory stick and just switch, a little fiddly but it's still worth it.

i do the same twimfy only takes a few minutes but i'm always carrying my psp/pda&mp3 player round with all the plugs and shit so i just upgrade/downgrade when i get near a power socket

I reckon that early in the new year sony will not stop but slow down dramatically with the update's as i cant see them paying someone to keep making patches/releases when they'll be concentrating more on the ps3 coming out

And i dont think psp homebrew is dead

Er why can't you guys run GTA and homebrew? Whats wrong with downgrading? I keep a copy of both Eboots my memory stick and just switch, a little fiddly but it's still worth it.

Apparently you can only do this a limited amount of times. I heard the closer you get to 100 re-flashes the closer you get to bricking your PSP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the hacking scene on the PSP dies a slow painful death.
As for bricking my PSP, if I get to my 100th down grade, well I have better stop soon then, lolz. Seriously. ;)

i'm pretty sure thats a lie

people used to say similar things about reflashing the gp32, its not based on any actual truth

it came about with the gp32 basically because the more times you flashed it, the more oppurtunities you had to balls it up

i could be wrong but it doesn't really make sense, why would sony release a product that contained hardware with a finite number of write cycles?

Back