Psx Emulation

snowcamo

Still Fresh
Well, before i buy my gp2x i have a question about psx emulation. Does the gp2x community think it will ever be full speed or near it? The psp is really close to full speed emulation from what i have seen on youtube, while the gp2x is not. This is my last concern before buying a gp2x f-200.

Thanks

From what I know, the PSX will probably never be fullspeed on the GP2X. If it's what worries you most, just get a PSP. Sony released an official PSX emulator.

I must admit, although psx emulation on the GP2x gets a lot of hype, it's really not all that great. Most of the games that are "playable" are still painstakingly slow.

define "hype"

I call it respect, the guy coded an on-the-fly recompiler for the crappy GP2X processor and it really works, I call that impressive.

As of the last update, there are lots of games that are "playable", and we're really only one version away from having about a dozen games or so running at full speed. Final Fantasy VII runs pretty well if you play around with the settings.

I've played some games with the settings some people call playable that I found really disturbingly slow and also got bad sound. It is an impressive technical achievement. but don't tell anyone they can play psx games on the gp2x because they will be disappointed.

Back