Psx Emulator..................has Anyone Heard Anything?

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear readers,

Has anyone heard anything lately on the psx emulator for the Pandora? I was just wondering because it is getting pretty close to preorder time and I haven't found any recent updates on it. I am just really excited for psx emulator! I know that early on there were a couple of videos that were released (ff7), and I am just suprised to see that there are not any new videos, especially because it is so close to preorder time. I know that I am being impatient, but a portable psx emulator is pretty exciting. If anyone has any news please post it.

-Spadoof :gp2x

A while back there were supposed to be new updates soon. But they never appeared, I would love to see something too but they'll be here when they're ready, hopefully.

Spadoof said:
I was hoping for a montage of playstation games running in a video.
There have been some videos made by Zodtdd running some games on a development board. Tinnus is working on a opengl renderer which a while back he showed some screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spadoof said:
I was hoping for a montage of playstation games running in a video.
Sure. I'd like to see some Driver 2, Tony Hawks, Ridge Racer, GT2, Tomb Raider 2, R-Type Delta, Micro Machines V3, Tenchu 2, Tekken 3, or Metal Gear. Any of that particularly or anything at all will do! plus this later on, perhaps some of the different options?

zod is a very busy man, but I too would like to see some updates if it fits in his schedule ;)

I think Zod is or was on vacation for 5 days, and another thread had someone saying he hadn't even started looking at the n64 emulator yet. However, I'm sure there's been plenty of silent PSX progress, and we'll get a flood of videos as October and November come around.

Yes, any update on the psx development would interest me too.
Since its (along with the amiga) the most exciting emu for :pandora1: in my book.

Like:
-How is 3D-support coming along (Tinnus?)
-Which compressed rom-img format will be supported at the time :pandora1: ships?(it was discussed earlier, but not definite.)
-sound?
-any issues with game compatibility yet?
-second controller support?
-... anything really...please

Maybe more pictures will become available when the developer systems are more complete? I'm thinking they are still using PCBs that have no case or controls, so its difficult to complete an emulator until you get those.

(I suppose you could control them with a connected terminal, but wheres the fun in that?)

I'm pretty excited about a psx emulator on pandora as well. The idea of portable silent bomber and abe's oddysee is fantastic.

For me its the older PS1 games that were more fun before everything went lacklustre and repetative.....I want portable Wipeout 1, Destruction Derby 1, Tekken 1, Toshiden 1, Need 4 Speed 1...you get the idea lol

jaycee900 said:
For me its the older PS1 games that were more fun before everything went lacklustre and repetative.....I want portable Wipeout 1, Destruction Derby 1, Tekken 1, Toshiden 1, Need 4 Speed 1...you get the idea lol
Tekken 1 ae? I always found that hard to play. I preferred 2 and 3 myself. But thats probably because i had more experience with them. P-Jack and roger. Those were the days.

icurafu said:
if there is no sound and no opengl; what is the point in showing omre videos when we know it is already full speed. I'd like to see nice filtering and such once opengl comes online,
IMHO, that thread is not just about wanting to see any new video footage, my questions for sure were not going into that direction. Some general info on "how things are coming along", would be appreciated.

With a catalog of around 1000 game titles and the proof of how fast it can run on pandora, psx-emulation is of huge interest, I would think.

So, what kind of news would you expect? The emulator works perfectly already as the FF7-et-al video showed :p IMO it doesn't make any sense to make videos of that, just get your psx4gp2x videos and speed them up like 4 or 5 times :)

Me, I've not worked in the GPU code for a long time since I hit some bugs with the compatibility DLLs and my ATI card, and I don't have any real hardware either ;) Also, even with the new GPU and whistles it would be kinda hard to appreciate the cool graphics in a camera-recorded video, I think.

Tinnus said:
So, what kind of news would you expect?
Some sort of news like you have just given above, maybe given without your knack for understatement, though ;) .

That's all good news then, thanx for sharing. But hey, imo, you should have been given a "real hardware".
psx-emu on release day with all the bells and whistles, might make parting with the money easier for quite a few ppl. I suppose the psx-emu will be available for download when the first units arrive?

Back