Psx For Pandora Compatibility List

gibberish

Afternoon all,

I was thinking that we should get some compatibility list going for PSX4Pandora, so I made a simple spreadsheet on Google Docs. I've relied heavily on these lists in the past with my original XBOX and also on my PC with N64 roms so I'm hoping it might be helpful for us lot too.

If you'd like to contribute a game to the list please post it in here - something like this I reckon:

Title:
Region: (NTSC or PAL)
Format: (bin/cue, iso, img, eboot etc)
Emulator Version:
Status: (either "Not Working", "Playable" or "Works Well" or "Perfect"
CPU Speed:
Comments: (anything you feel is relevant)

"Not Working" means that the game either will not load, crashes, graphics are too corrupted or it runs too slow to be playable
"Playable" means that the game runs and can be played but has some non critical problems. These can be with speed or graphics/audio glitches
"Works Well" means that the game runs at a good speed with only mild audio and video glitches
"Perfect" means, well you get the idea :)

If you would like to actively help maintain the spreadsheet just PM me and I'll send you the login for it.
Also, I'm sure there are ways the spreadsheet could be improved if anyone has any suggestions.

PSX4Pandora Compatibility List

no google acccount? click here instead.

Ta

WizardStan said:
why not put something on the wiki?

Hrm, don't you think a spreadsheet would be easier to maintain?
Maybe you're right, but I prefer the idea of a google docs page I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of using a google spreadsheet for this. Data can be automatically extracted, and shared with other services very easily. It has very nice API.

Er, any chance someone could test GTA 1, Virtual pool 3 and PGA 96/98 - pleasy weasy with pretty sprinklings on top!

I could. I'd also be willing to test about 800 other games. Care to send me a Pandaora?
Ah... Shame shame.
B!

Can't get it work

chose an iso image on the basic menu and it crashed everytime.

have the iso and the bios together in the psx4pandora appdata file and no joy.

Any ideas where i'm going wrong?

x68000 said:
Can't get it work

In the PSX beta thread, it looks like Zotdd messed up packaging the emu - or rather, it's partly messed up as he was expecting root level access - a fix is on route at the moment.

x68000 said:
Can't get it work

could try running after doing a sudu su

Title:Ridge Racer Revolution
Region: NTSC
Format: bin/cue
Emulator Version:first beta
CPU Speed: 500mhz
Comments: no cd audio ingame ,graphics errors on background objects (trees)

Title:Wipeout
Comments: A little slower at 500mhz, best to whack it up a little, plus no music yet.

Title:Alien Trilogy
Comments: Speed isnt bad at 500mhz, sound is a little tinny

Of course the beta makes it hard to actually play the game due to the screen size!

I tried a Eboot file but i dont think the beta supports these file types yet.

cheers jaycee, added.
i'll be testing some myself but it won't be til the weekend i don't think.
i'll check this thread most evenings and add games as i go.

if anyone is planning some mass test or whatever, i can give you the login and you can edit the spreadsheet yourself if you like.

Title: Crash Bandicoot
Emulator Version: First Beta (fixed)
CPU Speed: 700
Comments: sound is emulated and frameskip set to 1. some stuttering but easily playable so far.

Well after my first 2 successful attempts the next 3 werent so good!

Title: F1 2000
Format: img
CPU Speed: 500
Comments: loads intro, gets stuck loading to menu

Title: Destruction Derby 2
Comments: Loads very quick, intro and menu work fine, game loads and crashes when cars line up on grid

Title: Need For Speed
Comments: Loads through 2 intro videos with stuttering sound, gets stuck loading main menu

Title: Bloody Roar
CPU Speed: 800
Comments: I did the first 2 battles in arcade mode, no problem.

Title: Bloody Roar II
Comments: This is one of the more resource intensive games I've played on desktop emulators; glad it works great.

Title: Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete
Format: Bin/Cue
Comments: It plays the anime cutscenes about 2x-3x too fast, but everything else is fine.

Title: Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere
Format: Bin/Cue
Comments: Main menu is fine, no video on briefings, instant death when starting first mission.

Title: Tekken 3
Comments: Didn't even get to the main screen.

Title: Xenogears
Comments: Slight slowdown (2/3 speed?) during parts of 3D cutscenes (many parts are full speed), but is otherwise fantastic outside of the cutscenes.

Title: Metal Gear Solid
Comments: Blank screen after Konami's splash.

Title: Gran Turismo 2 - Simulation Disk
Comments: Absolutely Perfect. I bought a cheapo car and did the sunday cup; no slowdown whatsoever.

I was going to do some sort of review but my pandora has to be sent back due to a touchscreen issue, figured I'd use the PSX games I already had on SD card to add to your compatibility list before I sent it out though ;) All games are at 800 because I've had NO stability issues at 800 and there's barely any battery life gain on anything lower.

Alerino said:
jaycee900 said:
Well after my first 2 successful attempts the next 3 werent so good!

Could you try them again at higher frequencies?

Yeah, please give them a try at 700+; I couldn't get a lot of games to work at 500... well anyway.

Ok, I have some to add - I just tested my entire PSX game collection. :p I found that psx4pandora was very crash-happy at 850MHz (which is the highest stable speed my Pandora can handle, as far as I'm aware), so these were all tested at 700MHz.

Title: Bust-A-Groove
Region: PAL
Format: bin/toc
Emulator Version: First Beta (Fixed version from Pandora app-store)
CPU Speed: 700MHz
Comments: The game's FMVs run too fast. However, the game itself, and the music, is a bit too slow.

Title: Crash Bandicoot
Comments: The speed of the game and the music seems to fluctuate quite a lot. The ground looks strange in places.

Title: Crash Bandicoot 3
Comments: The speed of the game and the music seems to fluctuate quite a lot. There are some rendering errors on some of the 3D models - some polygons that would appear behind others on real hardware, are appearing in front here, and vice-versa. There are also some minor glitches in some of the special effects.

Title: Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
Comments: The publisher and developer logo FMVs are too fast, and the in-game speed seems to fluctuate wildly (it sometimes runs too fast). Cutscenes are not played. There are some strange lines along the edges of some polygons, which should not be present.

Title: Croc 2
Comments: The publisher and developer logo FMVs are too fast. The game's boot-up introductory sequence begins but is then skipped automatically, so it is never played. There are some strange lines along the edges of some polygons, which should not be present. When the game's intro begins after choosing to start playing, the game's cinema-style widescreen bars drop in as normal, but then move back upwards again, leaving the display showing the place where the intro should start, but with nothing else happening. After this, nothing else ever happens. I hope you enjoy looking at that empty beach chair and umbrella!

Title: Heart of Darkness
Comments: The FMVs are too fast. The game seems to begin as normal, but after the introductory sequence, the game drops back to the title screen - if you press start again now, it will show an FMV from a bit later in the game, and then drop back to the title screen again. Pressing start again now will cause it to display an old screenshot with the caption "HEART OF DARKNESS DEMO" at the bottom, and after this the controls cease to respond.

Title: Klonoa - Door To Phantomile
Format: bin
Comments: The FMVs are too fast, and in-game the speed seems to fluctuate (though it is generally slightly on the sluggish side). The music seems to speed up and slow down, too. Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater.

Title: Klonoa Beach Volleyball
Comments: The game and its music run a bit more slowly than they should.

Title: Lomax
Comments: There is currently no background music due to this game using redbook audio, and the game runs slightly too fast.

Title: Mega Man Battle & Chase
Comments: The speed of the game and of the music seems to fluctuate quite a lot.

Title: Mega Man X4
Comments: The game's FMVs are not played. The speed of the game seems to fluctuate quite a lot - it is often too fast.

Title: Mega Man X5
Comments: The FMVs are not played. The speed of the game is mostly too fast.

Title: Mega Man X6
Region: NTSC-U
Comments: The FMVs are not played. The speed of the game fluctuates, but it is mostly too fast. There is audio crackling and poor quality that is entirely separate from the current audio buffering issues that are in the emulator.

Title: MegaMan Legends
Comments: The boot-up FMVs are too fast, and get a bit mangled and corrupted. The game and its music fluctuate in speed a bit. The game's speed is a little bit too fast at times.

Title: MegaMan Legends 2
Comments: The boot-up FMVs are not displayed. All that can be seen is Capcom's logo, which then fades out to a black screen. Nothing else happens.

Title: Namco Museum Vol. 5
Comments: Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater. The speed fluctuates a little bit in places.

Title: Rayman
Comments: After selecting what language you want to use, the game simply freezes at the Ubisoft logo.

Title: Rockman 8 - Metal Heroes
Region: NTSC-J
Comments: The FMVs are too fast, and the in-game speed seems to fluctuate (it is mostly on the slightly slow side, however). The in-game music is slightly too slow.

Title: Spyro the Dragon
Format: bin
Comments: The speed of the game and the music seems to fluctuate a bit, and the game is a bit jerky in places. The ground and the sky look strange in places, and there are sometimes gaps between polygons on the ground.

Title: Strider 2
Region: NTSC-U
Comments: Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater. The speed fluctuates in places.

Title: Tail Concerto
Comments: The game's FMVs run too fast. Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater. Whilst you can press start to skip the opening FMV, the game controls do not respond when you reach the title screen.

Title: The Adventure of Little Ralph
Comments: The in-game speed seems to fluctuate a bit (it is mostly on the slightly-too-slow side, however), and the in-game music is slightly too slow.

Title: The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Comments: The boot-up FMVs are too fast, and get a bit mangled and corrupted. The ground looks strange in places. The game and its music fluctuate in speed a bit. The game will get stuck in a loop as soon as the first line of dialogue is spoken - this can be broken out of by pressing start, and then pressing start repeatedly until the status information in the top left-hand corner of the screen scrolls in. The same must be done every time the game attempts to go into dialogue, or else control will not be handed back to the player. Pausing the game causes it to drop to a black screen and never recover. Reaching the spot where a cutscene ensues prior to the first boss causes the game to drop to a black screen and never recover.

Title: Tombi!
Comments: The game's FMVs are too fast. Some sprites/2D elements have alternating lines that appear to be shifted to the left or right, making them look as if they're underwater. When in-game, the speed of the game and the music are too slow, the text is unreadable because it appears as corrupted red blocks, and when the first conversation in the game is over, the display does not get updated, even though the game can be heard as working in the background.

Title: Wild ARMs
Comments: Trying to start this game instantly crashes the emulator.

EDIT: Whoops! I just realised that I forgot to test Mega Man 8 (PAL). I expect it will be the same as Rockman 8 - Metal Heroes, but I will test it tomorrow, to be certain of this.

Back