psx rearmed & psx for pandora

H

hakmanplayer

I have successfully downloaded 'psx rearmed 'in my menu with the bios in the proper folder. The interface comes up fine.

I also have downloaded 'psx for pandora' ; thought i had to.

Do i need to place the bios in 'psx for pandora' also? I do not have this one in my menu. Should i??

Do I need to zip these games prior to playing them?

I downloaded one game [metal slug x] and saw that it listed on the psx rearmed interface but was not able to open it. It was not zipped via squeeze.

I also tried putting the game in the psx for pandora folder but to no avail.

I am asking way too many questions. Not sure if there is a step by step instruct but the documentation in my Pandora didn't seem to help me.

Once again, I have come across a log in the muddy water.

Wish this worked like Mupen.

Please help if you dare!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have successfully downloaded 'psx rearmed 'in my menu with the bios in the proper folder. The interface comes up fine.

They're two different emulators, so you didn't *really* have to, unless you wanted to try them both. :)

Do i need to place the bios in 'psx for pandora' also? I do not have this one in my menu. Should i??
I believe so, but I can't remember where it's supposed to go, as I must admit that I stopped using psx4pandora after PCSX ReARMed was released.

As for the menu, is there perhaps some problem that's causing it not to appear?

No. Leave them unzipped.

I downloaded one game [metal slug x] and saw the it listed on the psx rearmed interface but was not able to open it. It was not zipped via squeeze.
A bit more information here would be helpful if you can provide it, please - did anything happen when you tried to start it?

Also, what format is the game in? If it's in some obscure one, you're probably better off getting out your discs and ripping to bin/cue format, as this generally seems to get the best results.

No guarantees, but I'll try my best. :p

They're two different emulators, so you didn't *really* have to, unless you wanted to try them both. :)

I believe so, but I can't remember where it's supposed to go, as I must admit that I stopped using psx4pandora after PCSX ReARMed was released.

As for the menu, is there perhaps some problem that's causing it not to appear?

No. Leave them unzipped.

I downloaded one game [metal slug x] and saw the it listed on the psx rearmed interface but was not able to open it. It was not zipped via squeeze.
A bit more information here would be helpful if you can provide it, please - did anything happen when you tried to start it?

Just a brief static click noise.

Also, what format is the game in? If it's in some obscure one, you're probably better off getting out your discs and ripping to bin/cue format, as this generally seems to get the best results.

It was the most obscure i ever came across ; downloaded via emuparadise.

No guarantees, but I'll try my best. :p
A very obscure,long format indeed downloaded from emuparadise.

Upon trying to open it, there was a split- second, static click noise,then nothing

I suppose using my discs would be the favorable course.

I do have psx for pandora in my menu also.....my error.

Last edited:
Just a brief static click noise.
It's possible that the game might not be working yet, but I would definitely try it in bin/cue before suggesting that it might not be working, as PCSX ReARMed is widely-compatible.

It was the most obscure i ever came across ; downloaded via emuparadise.
I mean, was it .img, .ccd, or some such thing? I was trying to confirm this because suggesting re-ripping to bin/cue wouldn't help much if it's already bin/cue. :p

I suppose using my discs would be the favorable course.
It's probably the quickest one, too, to be honest. :lol:

Yes it was .ccd.

Ripping away as i type :D

I will let you know the outcome.

BATED breath :eek:

For me, PCSX ReARMed and Mupen64 were very easy to get games running on, but if I had to choose which of the 2 was the easiest to run I'd have to say PCSX ReARMed.

How ya making out, hakmanplayer?

I just tested the USA version (SLUS01212 - bin/cue) and seems to be working great in rearmed. I don't want to say it's perfect as I've only played a little of the 1st level. But so far so good. I love the Metal Slug games.

Something else I thought of.. Did you select your bios from the options? I think if you don't pick one, it will use the default one that comes with the emulator. Apparently that one can be sketchy at times.

Something else I thought of.. Did you select your bios from the options? I think if you don't pick one, it will use the default one that comes with the emulator. Apparently that one can be sketchy at times.
That is correct. I didn't think of that - good call. :D

Well almost 2 and a half hours later everything is up and running.

Funny you mentioned the bioslogy[[think about this]] because just out of trial and error i decided to delete then load a different bioslogy. That really was my last card to play and it seemed to work well.

I noticed it was mentioned and you both hit the nail on the head.

I was almost positive i had everything else in it's proper locale .

'psx for pandora' was useless so i deleted it.

The metal slug x game listing kept appearing in white font vrs the bright yellow font per 'psx rearmed ' listings/directories . After the new bioslogy was installed , metal slug x listing was yellow too. i had a feeling that was my green light and it was.

Really is a sleek interface with the grayish background....well done indeed.

I need to download more games but i am surprised how well metal slug X plays.... 8.5/10 thus far.

I am so happy and relieved now. Once again, i thank you.

Bed time now .

Thanks again for the help Prometheus and LuciferRising.

It's funny [to me] because i do things randomly [mounting, dragging,dropping,downloading,deleting= the 4 d's] and in this case it worked.

Honestly ,i could not tell you exactly what i did to get there but at least i got there and do not think i could do it again any easier :p

I do not have to have 1000's of games per emulator. For me it is personal taste ; quality vs. quantity.

Last edited:
seems i spoke to soon once again...

i have psx pnd 4 version with bioslogy.

PSX interface comes up from menu beautifully.

I have the game in the same folder as the bioslogy and psx pnd 4.

when i open i find the game but i get the invalid cd image message.

as mentioned before,, i noticed all font is in yellow except the game tittle which is in white!!!!

as mentioned before,, i noticed all font is in yellow except the game tittle which is in white!!!!
The most recent version of PCSX ReARMed is R8, not R4. You can get the most up-to-date version from here.

Last edited by a moderator:

The most recent version of PCSX ReARMed is R8, not R4. You can get the most up-to-date version from here.
i had that version but it kept telling me i needed the bios upon opening the interface!!

can i keep the biosolgy from 4 , delete pnd 4 then download pnd 8?
Yes. You can switch to the newer PND just fine, without touching PCSX ReARMed's directory in appdata.

Back