Psx4gp2x_b4

sukhi-2006

i've installed a psx emulator on gp2x called psxgp2x_b4 it runs at slow speed i,m running at 250mhz clock speed but i need to some frameskip to make the games runs faster i've used this emulator before in gp2x f-100 it use come up with options which made games run faster does anyone know how to bring up the options in gp2x f-200 i can't remember how to do it.

That's a very old version of psx4gp2x, get the latest version.

The Frame Skip setting is inside the Graphics Options of the menu.

I know it's an old version this emulator has better sound quality the new one available at gp2x file archieve has horrible sound you can even hear the music in the games properly because it has an extra sound on top of the music it's fast and has all the options but personally i don't like the new version at all.

Well I haven't played around much with psx4gp2x, as it is not really playable yet. :p

I hope in the (near) future it will be. :lol:

The new version is nearly almost full speed most games are running really fast, is there any setting for the sound.

sukhigp said:
The new version is nearly almost full speed most games are running really fast, is there any setting for the sound.
I think you got it the other way around. Only a few games are running almost full speed (mostly 2D games). :p

Well there is currently no other settings for sound aside from turning it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are getting it all wrong i tried 3d games which ran almost full speed here are the ones which are really good on this emulator:

1)tekken 2
2)tekken 3
3)need for speed porsche unleashed
4)resident evil: director's cut
5)resident evil 2: dual shock edition
6)dino crisis 2
7)wipeout XL

These games are all in 3d and they are running fast speeds which is really amazing.

I guess we have a different definition for what is (almost) "full speed". Oh well, no harm done. :)

Do you have any links on all the releases of psx emulator on gp2x the one on dc emu and gp2x file archieve they have 070207,080407 versions i'm looking for even older versions than these where can i find them i've been searching hard for them but no luck.

sukhigp said:

These games are all in 3d and they are running fast speeds which is really amazing.
Sorry?

Resident evil 1 and 2, as well as Dino Crisis 2, are NOT what most would consider 3D games (only the player model is 3D while everything else is 2D). They are not "almost full speed", and as soon as more than one enemy/character appears on screen at once the speed falls greatly.

Haven't tried Tekken 2 and 3 on the very latest build, but in previous incarnations they were definitely NOT full speed, and not even playable. I seriously doubt they have jumped say 15 FPS since the last time I tried them.

Do you have any links on all the releases of psx emulator on gp2x the one on dc emu and gp2x file archieve they have 070207,080407 versions i'm looking for even older versions than these where can i find them i've been searching hard for them but no luck.
I had a similar question a few weeks ago: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=39385

your link shows error.
I want the psx emulator which plays resident evil 3 the new version doesn't play it, i saw a video on you tube a guy playing resident evil 3 and i use to play it myself it was older version does anyone have the link for that version.

That psx emulator is not the right one these versions have 040607,070207 these build which isn't right one i'm looking for, that emulator doesn't have these build it's an different one,resident evil 3 doesn't work in any of them this game works in different psx emulator please provide links for an different emulator.

Back