Pulstar won't work

Kumaki

I have the same file that works in PanMAME.  I have the neogeo.zip file in the c4a rom directory.  It will not start up Pulstar for me.  Why?

No, the ROM works in PanMAME...so it oughta work in C4A.

Unless you'd like to PM me the file you are using, because the one I have works in PanMAME...so it should work in C4A, but doesn't.

I have clrmamepro, but, again, this is not an issue since the rom I have works on PanMAME...and I do have the neogeo.zip file in the rom file of C4A, too...so that isn't it.

Probably nothing to do with it, but it doesn't need the neogeo.zip file - at least, it works for me and that file isn't present!

Pulstar now works for me.  And it did NOT work until I had the neogeo.zip file in there.  I tried without it first.

So, the version of the ROM I was given...that worked for someone else...did work in this case.  But only after I re-added the neogeo.zip file.

I suck at the game, anyway, it is very similar to R-Type, another game I suck at but like anyway.

Weird. My Pulstar rom is 18.1mb - no NeoGeo bios file anywhere on the card, and it works..!

Well, my old Pulstar...which works on PanMAME....did NOT work on c4a not even with the neogeo.zip file in there.

The new Pulstar which was given to me...it also did not work in c4a, until the neogeo.zip file was put back in.

I tried it (the new file) first without the neogeo.zip file and it did not work.  Then, after the neogeo.zip file was added back in...it worked.

Like I said, I suck at the game, but like it anyway.

Back