Purple screen at opening of the LID?

patrick295767

Hello,

Although I have  an Aluminium case and I am using it very precaution, when I open the lid, then the screen is purple, ... then after it comes back to normal.

It works but it seems that the flexi is damaged inside.

Few month ago born... It is still under warranty, I would like to know if warranty might eventually work.

I am really very careful with the Pandora. 

Sincerely yours

Yes, unfortunately, it still happens with some cables.

Only a few ones though, luckily.

It doesn't have anything to do with careful handling.

We'll do a fast replacement for free, of course :)

Yes, unfortunately, it still happens with some cables.

Only a few ones though, luckily.

It doesn't have anything to do with careful handling.

We'll do a fast replacement for free, of course :)

Hi, 

Thank you for your fast answer. 

I code really a lot on the Pandora, and I handle it as its name "Pandora", i.e. a treasure. I think that I might send you the device. I am so sad. 

PSION:

> I wonder if the cable is like the FLEXI of the PSION 5mx. 

On most of my PSION 5mx,  I had to change the FLEXI after few years. The cable of the flexi on psion was lasting few years and get used and then out of working.

>SHARP:

In comparison, on all my SHARPs, I never got any single ISSUES. my Zaurus works flawlessly and never got any problem. 

On the 6xxx series either, never got any problems. 

>what about Pandora?

Is the FLEXI cable lasting normally several years?

Sincerely Yours

(btw/besides, how to live without a Pandora and get well, efficiently, organized.? ;) )

With such a pricing, I wish to keep having a Linux handeld, i.e. THIS PANDORA, all the time with me for rest of years.)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Ghz pandora came with a rev3 or rev4 (I forget) cable that failed with the purple tint issue after a few months. ED generously sent me a new rev 5 cable through very quick post which so far hasn't failed, albeit after only six months or so of use. I trust ED to use a new rev 5 (or later) cable if you send your unit in for repair, though clearly sending yours in and getting him to fix it and send it back is going to take longer than getting a new cable and fitting it yourself, if the repair video doesn't scare you off.

My CC unit with a replaced LCD cable is still going on steady after a few years.

It's funny, I have a new smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) that I'm totally ignoring for recent game/app releases on the Pandora.. To me the Pandora is a more handy device, sure the S4 can play GTA games at a high resolution without batting an eye. But typing messages, browsing on the web and playing games via touchscreen only is horrible.. I regret putting so much money on upgrading my phone as the Pandora gives me everything I need and should of just got a dumb phone for making calls.

Hi,

Some news ... after the long weekend. On Sunday  morning, I used the Pandora 5 min and I havent noticed any whole screen getting purple. The Pandora did "rest" all the weekend in the shelf (no use except sun morning).

This morning, unfortunately, it started again, and kinda more... It seems that the Pandora needs a Cure. It is not all the time. The purple screen was there this morning when the lid is at 45 deg to the horizontal.

Regarding fixing myself, I'd better not touch a screw. I have really no skills to fix complex electronic devices. In the past, I tried with old Psion but I never got any great results.

I would be very pleased that the Pandora might be fixed by the Pandora maker, that knows really well how to fix it without any damages.

Sincerely yours

There is a video on youtube made by ED where he shows you how to replace the LCD cable yourself. I did it myself too, if you carefully follow the instructions there's nothing to fear. Just watch it once and then decide for yourself. I know how the prospect of giving away your pandora for weeks feels and I've consistently avoided that :)

There is a video on youtube made by ED where he shows you how to replace the LCD cable yourself. I did it myself too, if you carefully follow the instructions there's nothing to fear. Just watch it once and then decide for yourself. I know how the prospect of giving away your pandora for weeks feels and I've consistently avoided that :)
Thanks. well, I wouldnt dare to try. I would prefer a pro 

Back