Purple Screen

m1ch3l

Still Fresh
My pandora starts to fail the display cable and starts to look purple only if I don't open the screen at all.

As I see things are a little satured and from what I read in the forums

I should send to EvilDragon with a note with what's wrong for repair to

Michael Mrozek

c/o Gepixelt GmbH

Schäffbräustr. 11

85049 Ingolstadt

Germany

Could I wait until things calm down a bit to send it later without losing the warranty?

Have I pay the shipping or Can I send without shipment costs?

I bought from craig, my pandora serial number is 090001003844 from first batch.

Thank You.

PD : Sorry my English is not good.

Yep. You have what's referred to around here as the Purple Tint of Death. Eventually the LCD cable will become damaged to the point it will start blanking out, and eventually you will have no signal at all. Warranty repair is the best option.

I'm starting to get this to, is it best to contact Craig or ED?

Yep. Just reply to you original order email with your order number. Bear in mind they are really busy and it could take a couple of days to respond.

I currently don't have any LCD cables here, so sending to Ed would be faster (he is also a master at replacing them like a Ninja).

I'm hoping to have some at the end of the month.

@ Craig & ED : it would be useful if you guys could provide clear guidance as to who units should be sent to for repair, who covers postage / repair costs, the duration of the Pandora warranty etc.

A clear explanation of the repair under warranty process & relevant terms and conditions is one of the things I'd look for on the official website if I was thinking about spending £400 on a Pandora.

Thank You craig I will send to ED but I don't remember my order number because I lost it when my computer crashed and I did not expect to use anymore :p

If necessary guess I can ask jaqueline for my order number telling her my personal data.

Have I pay the shipping or Can I send without shipment costs?

Thanks Again.

PD: MR_Loon +1

You can hold as long to it as you want, purple tint issues will always been replaced by me.

The address above is fine, no need to contact me upfront :)

I'm hoping to have some at the end of the month.
You can hold as long to it as you want, purple tint issues will always been replaced by me.
Jaqueline gave me an RMA and ED's details. What's the (approx) turnaround time if I send to Germany? Otherwise, is it just worth me sending to Craig in a couple of weeks?

OK EvilDragon, thank you.

When all things are more quiet and while my pandora screen still works I will wait.

What kind of shipping would be? UPS, Postal.

Shipping charges are covered by the warranty?

When all things are more quiet and while my pandora screen still works I will wait.

For shipping costs to me, you have to discuss with where you bought it. I do the warranty repair and even cover the shipping costs back to you, but for getting the costs to ship it to me, talk with your dealer.

For shipping costs to me, you have to discuss with where you bought it. I do the warranty repair and even cover the shipping costs back to you, but for getting the costs to ship it to me, talk with your dealer.

I bought it to Craigx but If you cover the shipping cost back to me when I decide to send to you my pandora I will pay my shipping cost. No problem for that.

Thank You again.

I have got the purple screen issue as well. When I open up the lid to the max then it is no problem. I always play like this so basically I can use it without any problem right now. Of course I like to have it repaired, so I was wondering how long the leadtimes are for repair. Is this a good moment for repair or is it better to wait due to the busy schedule of Ed.

Back