Pwads

GiG

The mighty penguin cat
Website
www.webalice.it
How can I distinguish between wads that need the original DooM2.wad (or whatever wad we want) and independent wads? Some wads are named doom2.wad, others have a txt that says "use it as an extra wad, idiot!", but someone, i.e. Twilight wad is named twilight.wad, and there are no txts.

Is there an intelligent way to distinguish between the two kinds of wad, or I only need to trust the name of the wad? DooM2.wad = independent , dunno.wad = extra

There are extra wads on my site and normal wad on the other one generally.

Two ways to distinguish :

1) If the wad is called doom2.wad it doesn't need Doom 2 because it's inside.
2) If the wad of Duke (for example) is called duke.wad (like mine on my site) it requires original doom2.wad.

Anyway you'll find most of the best pwads (extrawads) on my site and normal wads including Doom 2 isn't worth using anymore because they are not convenient due to the fact you can put only one of them on your smc.

:D

i have a similar prob....did anyone get the starwars.wad pwad to run?
i used it with the original doom2.wad and starwars.wad as extra wad.

it starts, r2d2 sound is to hear, but then it freezes...

i heard someone saying, that these pwads are for the pc-doom and *should* work with gpdoom.

is there any way to get them started (i mean starwars and alien)?

Starwars is only for doom.wad (original Doom I)

All my pwads are made for pc and gp32.

You can find them on my site.

oh i stupid. it works now! now i can play starwars doom!

thanks a lot!

ps: but is there a way to get the alien-pwad running? i think, i found it on a gp32 related site....
and i tried it with doom1 and doom2...

Im working on the Alien wad at the moment. It works fairly well - although there are some graphical bugs later in the game. I hope to update my site later with the alien wad. (needs Doom 1)

Back