Pyra as an iso drive ? Or keyboard or outher HID etc..

Devin.tesla

Website
Visit site
So I use my Pandora as a CD drive using
https://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=iso_optical_drive

And as a keyboard and mouse using
https://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.mastercontrol

This can be very useful depending on what I'm doing
Blue tooth keyboard in my pocket
SD card full of CD's as well (really wish we could get it to boot from the Pandora)

Anyway what do you guys thing the odds are we can do this with the Pyra as well or is the hardware just not going to let it?

About ISO Optical Drive I'm pretty confident it could be made for the Pyra too

For mastercontrol, @Crionic seemed prone to work again on the project, but some time has passed and I don't know if he's still around, he made a really great application indeed

Hi PowerGod good to see you're still interested in the ISO optical drive.
I'm trying to remember what was are problem of booting from the Pandora I did some testing with you back a long time ago as Dev45 but I can't remember the catch or was that fixed I see in your signature version 2.1 had a possible fix?

ISO Optical Drive should be doable.. It's just a bunch of scripts which uses gksu. Should be as easy as slapping it into a DBP.
Edit: Attached DBP. Let's hope it works :p

Mastercontrol will need an armhf rebuild and probably some small changes..

Attachments

• ISO.DBP.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Hi PowerGod good to see you're still interested in the ISO optical drive.
I'm trying to remember what was are problem of booting from the Pandora I did some testing with you back a long time ago as Dev45 but I can't remember the catch or was that fixed I see in your signature version 2.1 had a possible fix?

I just added another way of mount the ISO, so if one method doesn't work for boot, maybe the other will... but I'm still waiting for confirmations from testers... for now no complaints :D

@Wally : good move ;)

Back