Pyra battery cover

pengo

Hello, I've been thinking about this for a while. Both the Pandora and Pyra are beautifully designed hardware but I think they are missing tactile grip. Would it be too late in Pyra's production phase to add a horizontally striped battery cover?

Something similar to the original Gameboy DMG model battery cover would add a special tactility to the Pyra's alluring design.

Accessories-font-b-Battery-b-font-Lid-for-font-b-Gameboy-b-font-System-for-GB.jpg

When I saw the thread title I had a strong feeling this is where it was going to go. I am pretty sure it is too late for this since it would require adding metal back to the mold.

I think it is a good idea. If the grooves ran the other direction it would give a better grip on the Pyra.

You could design and have your own printed...

It's hard to imagine what difference that might make, and I think it's a more likely candidate for a potential case revision after sufficient production sales, than right at this point.

However, it's not impossible that there may also be revisions to facilitate better cooling / distribution of heat, so this could be a related update down the line.

Its usefulness depends on usage, so with thick plastic and careful operation of a ruler and file any customization may be performed. With CNC even own complex patterns may be made. I had these grooves on 200LX and it was mostly for collecting dirt, but if someone doesn't use the device "on the go", then it may be handy.

Back