Pyra battery

I am not sure if the Pandora can handle Pyra's battery but AFAIK, you will be able to use Pandora's battery for the Pyra.

Pyras battery doesn't fit inside Pandoras compartment, so it would need a changed case and the new calibration data would need to be included (possible, if you print your own case, but I doubt anyone does it).

Pandoras battery could be used if you add padding... but not sure if that does make sense.

Why wasn't the Pandora battery measures not used for the Pyra battery at the end? Would have increased the usability and value of both devices, since Pandora owners would already have a spare battery then for Pyra. :) New techs should increase the capacity of the battery that size alot I guess. Maybe not the full 6000mAh the Pyra battery now has, but sacrificing some battery time for more compatibility is a trade worth thinking about imho.

It's more like the hardware is getting smaller and more energy efficient, but you get a few mm less thickness instead of a longer runtime since that's apparently what people want.

^ People seem to be attracted by the weight and thickness (sorry, "thinness") stats when choosing a phone, but proceed to complain about being tied to charging points when they actually start using it. Either that, or they buy bulky protective cases containing auxiliary batteries.

Thank fate, dragons and His Noodliness that the Pyra is taking the opposite approach!

Pandoras battery could be used if you add padding... but not sure if that does make sense.
Would have increased the usability and value of both devices, since Pandora owners would already have a spare battery then for Pyra. :)
I plan on doing it for the reason fusion_power mentioned. I still don't use my "spare" Pandora battery, so I may carry it with my Pyra if I find I run out of power during the day if I don't charge it. I don't care if I have to pad it to make it work. Maybe I will print an adaptor.

Thanks for the responses everybody. It's nice to know the Pandora battery has compatibility to the Pyra and that is especially for extra batteries! :cool:

Back