Pyra carry case

Yoyobuae

Very Active Member
I got the Pandora carry case:
pandora-tragetasche.jpg

Which is nice and all but it is quite big, almost doubles the bulk of Pandora, so it's not really pocket friendly.

I would have preferred something more like the old case:
800px-Pandora_bag.jpg

From what I understand the latter is not produced anymore (anyone have one for sale?).

So I was wondering what kind of case will Pyra have, a big fat one or a slim "form fitting" one?

I have both. Are you interested in the first case? It's only gathering dust in my bookshelf.

Bear in mind the pandora fits very tightly and I think leaving the Pandora for long periods inside it will increase and accelerate the risk of the case getting cracks.

The old one is too tight, the new one is too bulky - I feel like Goldilocks...

With continued use the old one is not too tight. It certainly was a squeeze the first few months, but for a long time now it slips in and zips up nice and snug. I do have case cracks, but I have an original case and those cracks would.have appeared anyway.

=~. O =

Something to be able to attache the case to a belt would be cool, like this but in preference horizontally.

I often get to carry a first aid kit around on my belt, works fine. It's less annoying there than having it in cargo pants-pockets or carrying a backpack. Unless I need a backpack anyways, that is.  

The old Pandora case is crap, I have one. It just does not fit because the edges are way to rounded! This case was never meant for the Pandora I'm sure.

Something to be able to attache the case to a belt would be cool, like this but in preference horizontally.
4496750231_7fe3b1399d.jpg

Lol, nice catch but to protect the LCD, the Gameboy should be actualy sit with the backside at the outside. ^^

Lol, nice catch but to protect the LCD, the Gameboy should be actualy sit with the backside at the outside. ^^
Yeah, but then no one knows how cool you are.  Your way might also interfere with the ability to play through that design.  I have wanted that holster for years.  There is a Game Boy Color one that isn't quite as cool, but much more available.  Also for the Color is this rubbery thing that covers many impact points, but it comes with a neck/shoulder strap.

I think I have mentioned before that I carry my Pandora in a Pelican 1150 for actual protection, and in one of the Club Nintendo pouches (https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/18505.do) for portability.  I have used a DS case.  That is the worst of both worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I carry my Pandora in an old DS phat case. It's quite a good fit, though a little tight - I have a faint image of the teeth of the zip on the back of my Pandora now.

It should do for the Pyra as well, although I might be a little more concerned about those teeth scuffing the front of the unit, since I'd have to put it in the other way around to be able to plug in my headphones while it's in the case. Or I might hack my case into including a headphone gromet, so I can continue to put my handheld in it the right way round.

I think leaving the Pandora for long periods inside it will increase and accelerate the risk of the case getting cracks.
I have to disagree on this one. My Pandora is almost always in the the carry case when not in use or charging and doesn't have a single crack after 3 years.

The case still fits tightly but it's not that hard to get the Pandora in there after the first few times actually.

I think leaving the Pandora for long periods inside it will increase and accelerate the risk of the case getting cracks.
I have to disagree on this one. My Pandora is almost always in the the carry case when not in use or charging and doesn't have a single crack after 3 years.
The case still fits tightly but it's not that hard to get the Pandora in there after the first few times actually.
Maybe you're one of the lucky ones with a strong case. Mine has a small crack near the battery slot even not using that thight case.

I never said it was a certain thing to happen. Just that it would increase the risk. And that's obvious: any material under preassure is more likely to fail.

Yeah, but then no one knows how cool you are.  Your way might also interfere with the ability to play through that design.  I have wanted that holster for years.  There is a Game Boy Color one that isn't quite as cool, but much more available.  Also for the Color is this rubbery thing that covers many impact points, but it comes with a neck/shoulder strap.

I think I have mentioned before that I carry my Pandora in a Pelican 1150 for actual protection, and in one of the Club Nintendo pouches (https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/18505.do) for portability.  I have used a DS case.  That is the worst of both worlds.
There also should be a holster for the NES Zapper at the other side, Captain N like! :D

There also should be a holster for the NES Zapper at the other side, Captain N like!
I feel like I missed out by not watching that.  I vaguely remember seeing it, and even though I was playing tons of those games back then, it either did not have the same appeal as a particular group of sewer dwelling, pizza scarfing reptiles (and other cartoons then and now), or it wasn't available in my area.

You can find it on Youtube, at least the german episodes. ^^ I especialy remember Captain N's functional NES-Gamepad-Belt-Buckle, cool stuff back then. :)

My silver Pandora has cracks in it from the top being mishapped. Also I power use it. My keys are showing wear and the stylus looks like a coal miner. I've bent keyboards on netbooks from typing. And I can see how my four months of daily use on my Pandora have affected it. The Pandora case seems to crack due to molding defects or the plastic itself or both. I dont see the. Value of a case... I just pull mine out of dress slacks and type away. Still others like them who knows what the pyra will have for a case.

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

4 months? Wow! My Pandora's close to 2 years old now, and apart from a couple of marks on the lid and the base where it's fallen and bounced off something on the way down, a crack in the top right of the lid (I suspect from transporting it in a padded, but squishable case), and a vaguely fuzzy looking deformation to the surface of the keys (God know what that is) it's pristine. Okay, not pristine but at least my stylus is still intact, and at this rate of decline it should be good for another fifteen years or so.

Back