Pyra carry case

ljones

Ok maybe this question is just a bit on the premature side .... but once the pyra is here and people have them are there any plans to have some sort of official pyra carry case? I remember ages ago the pandora had one though I was thinking would it be possible to make the carry case stronger? (In the real world things get accidentally scuffed/banged/dropped/knocked off a table) etc.

Would be useful if the carry case could be made stronger so as to protect the pyra!

ljones

I'd be interested in a carry case that's (explicitly) attachable to my belt, which I easily can draw my pyra from. Or would that be called a holster? Anyway, can something like that be expected to be available sometime?

Who needs a carry case??
I cant remember used mine much..
My CC usaly have its place in a sidepoket of my workpands, whitout carrycase..
I think these whole accessoris will be made, when the Pyra is ready for Massproduktion..

I have ideas for developing a thick leather carry case that can be attached to a belt with openings for the headset and access to the shoulder buttons and volume wheel.
I already made a template for it some time ago.
If there's enough people who'd want one I could look into having some produced.

I have ideas for developing a thick leather carry case that can be attached to a belt with openings for the headset and access to the shoulder buttons and volume wheel.
Sounds great. Would it also be possible to qickly take out the pyra without detaching the headset?
Now I'm seeing a dark-red pyra in a smooth, buff-coloured leather holster. Yummy.

We're planning some, but not for a preorder but for the final order (you will also be able to order extra batteries, etc.)

The current bigger case for the Pandora (that is available in my shop) also works well for the Pyra.

Sounds great. Would it also be possible to qickly take out the pyra without detaching the headset?
Now I'm seeing a dark-red pyra in a smooth, buff-coloured leather holster. Yummy.

Yes, it has a flap on the top that leaves clear the shoulder buttons and headphone jack. For the volume wheel there's an opening in the bottom.

Yes please, for most nights, I'd be using it as a mp3 player during meetups at the arcade.
I gotta retire my all-in-one headsets. Nothing wrong with them other than the fact no one can get them anymore and the space [for the time 6 gb was amazing] is starting to look a bit small.

I'd be interested in a carry case that's (explicitly) attachable to my belt, which I easily can draw my pyra from. Or would that be called a holster? Anyway, can something like that be expected to be available sometime?
A Pyra holster would be several kinds of cool.
Especcially for using it as a music player.

*imagines a sysadmin with sunglasses coming to the site of a computer desaster drawing it faster than his own shadow*

clipart_lucky-luke_animaatjes-18.jpg

A Pyra holster would be several kinds of cool.
Especcially for using it as a music player.

*imagines a sysadmin with sunglasses coming to the site of a computer desaster drawing it faster than his own shadow*

clipart_lucky-luke_animaatjes-18.jpg
You are such a dork! :D

Just get a smallish Pelican case or similar, and add a sticker. Doesn't get much tougher. You can drill a hole if you are willing to give up the waterproofness to listen to music. Plenty of room for extra batteries, cables, SD cards, USB accessories, and HDDs. You can also use it to beat somebody with.

When I am not lugging a bunch of stuff around I use either a Nintendo drawstring bag or just shove my Pandora in a pocket. I will probably do everything the same way with my Pyra (although if the plastic on the Pyra is sturdier I will probably always keep it in my pocket).

I would seriously consider a holster.

For that maybe something like an ammunition belt?
Well, it was carrying HDDs that led to me buying my first Pelican case. The foam helps keep them from banging around. For normal activity, I want to carry as little as possible, so all that other stuff would not be a priority. Rather than carrying it on a belt I would shove any cables or whatever into a pocket. If I need everything it would be impractical to do things like that, so a belt and a pocket are both bad ideas for me, but a big sturdy case works well.

We're planning some, but not for a preorder but for the final order (you will also be able to order extra batteries, etc.)

The current bigger case for the Pandora (that is available in my shop) also works well for the Pyra.

That case is good, but please, add something to attach it to the belt or on another backpack/bag

I've had one of these for about 6 years now and am pretty happy with it.
It used to contain my Pandora, now it holds my 8" tablet/smartphone and sometime this year it'll have to carry my Pyra for me. It's not padded, though, it's just a fabric beltbag. I prefer this to a carrycase, it's less bulky and quickly accessible.

:) That's good to know. I do have one of the old original pandora carrycases from way-back-when .... back then when I first had it I recall it was a little bit too tight for the pandora - getting the device in and out was quite tough. But I guess the fabric has stretched a little since then and it fits fine nowadays!

Really want to get some sort of half decent carry case for the pyra -- heck don't want to even get it scratched let alone accidentally knock it on the floor x.x !

ljones

I'd love a Pyra version of WaterField's 3DS XL CitySlicker Case. Dumb name, but very well made.

Back