Pyra Christmas Present unboxing

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well... you guys are insane. Insanely awesome.

So I got a package. With a belated christmas present.
And was being told to make an unboxing video when I opened it... and so I did.

Here you go:

And here again: Thanks for ANYONE involved with that!
You ARE insane, you know that, right? :)

Awesome! I was going quietly mad waiting for news that you'd opened the box, and we get a whole video instead!
you were so totally NOT alone on this one.

Some answers to questions in the video:
Who's idea was it?
Well it kinda did itself in this thread:
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/th...and-remaining-tasks.77942/page-5#post-1391434
plus me misreading "could" as "should", which made me doing an example inspired by thepinkgamers photoshop art later in the thread.
The result I put here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/my-precious.78371/
After mentioning the lowest price for decent material would be ~100,- EUR. In return to that I got an PN which basicly said: "Worth it. Where can I drop the money?
Then I started guessing, who else might want to be in and invited other, mostly by guessing. The rest did itself (except making the rings, of course).

Who else was involved?:
@EvilDragon You missed to read the engraving on the inside.

Guessing the ring size:
Well your wife being able to use a caliper was helpful. Not getting it right was totally my fault, because it is very hard to make those design smaller, while getting it bigger works easily in some range.
(from wearing the testrings I'd say pinky is not the best option.

Oh, one favor to ask:
We all totally want to know the reaction of your wife, who thinks/thought it will be only one ring for you...

EDIT:
As to the insane part, I qoute a saying from my daughters room:
"Normal people..... scare me"

I see you had an audience while you were opening it. I would like to see more videos featuring Dragon Dog. Like mclien said, we really want to know your wife's reaction. Yours was pretty fun. This is what happens when you get a bunch of dorks together.
[doublepost=1483959994,1483959958][/doublepost]
OMG OMG OMG... You have a dog!
You beat me to it. :)

Ah, another favor: Most of the guys supporting asked for some nice pics of the rings. I think you can do way better than the hastly things I did :)

DragonDogs reaction to the rings was kinda disappoint,tough..
Now we just miss the reaction of a certain woman about some unexpected jewellery :)

No poison snake? not even some scorpions?? :D
Congrats Ed! Very nice video too! First time I see a dragon blushing... :)

Wow, besides the impressive rings and the cute dog I'm impressed how stable and smooth the 2. Video is, did you used a Steady Cam/ Gimbal thing? No shaking at all, or has your bike that good suspension? ;)

Yep, and he's always with me at work as well :)

Like this one?
He has long hair. I bet no one saw that coming! :p

I have a couple that pretend to be well behaved, especially when the one is on a leash, or the old man when he gets to roam around free (vehicles make us nervous though). The old lady likes to go for rides, but otherwise she is lazy and hangs out on her bed, or keeps the young one in check. None of them really get to accompany anyone to work, with the exception of rare office trips with the old lady, but she gets bored. I have considered taking the guys with me for bicycle rides, I just don't trust the drivers around here, even (especially) away from busy roads.

DragonDogs reaction to the rings was kinda disappoint,tough..
It seemed appropriate to me. "What are you doing over here? Doesn't smell like food or toys for me, so what are you going on about? Silly humans..." All packages sent to ED need to include treats or something. @EvilDragon, can we get a short list of what is or isn't permitted?

haha, cool idea!
with these superneat rings everything pyra *will* go smooth as it gets, i'm sure!
love the design, they really look awesome, a real precious!
so, thanks for doing this!!!

ps. as i'm currently into drinking good tea and found some yummy 'dragon well' green-tea... let me now when you need a support-package for relaxing while drinking a good cup... ;)

And ED is still missing the engravings on the inside....
as to precious: Well, yes quite a bit redgold 750 (18K) for the logo and Palladium (585) plus the hours of work, which I didn't kept track of. And the first time ever I used this materials.

Just to mention: The part to explain the book of dragons stuff is the job of @FBnil

Last edited:
haha, cool idea!
with these superneat rings everything pyra *will* go smooth as it gets, i'm sure!
love the design, they really look awesome, a real precious!

Agreed!
Yes, the rings are superb, excellent work did @mclien
I kinda wish now that this particular smithing should have been documented. Would do for an interesting video.

Agreed!
Yes, the rings are superb, excellent work did @mclien
I kinda wish now that this particular smithing should have been documented. Would do for an interesting video.
Yeah sorry. But I don't own a video camera (and have a way number of hands to operate one while goldsmithing), but I did some fotos at least (even some of a fail I had to correct. I'll load that up do my website and link it here, since it has to go there anyway. And some of the parts you really don't want to see (well better: I don't want you to see, to spare me embarrassment ;-)
Thanks for the praises. Wouldn't be possible with all the donators (which ED still has to reveal by reading the engravements..)

And some of the parts you really don't want to see (well better: I don't want you to see, to spare me embarrassment ;-)
For people that are learning, experimenting, or are interested in doing it themselves, those pictures can be extremely valuable so that people understand that mistakes happen and they are normal. (It can be really frustrating when no one discusses the sorts of things that can go wrong with projects, and then you feel like a failure because you messed up.)

Back