Python 2.7.3 for Super Zaxxon

vandyswa

Not that it was hard to do, but if anybody needs Python 2.7.3 (the latest in the 2 series)

for the standard OS, send me a note and I can give you a working port. (I needed 2.7 for a quick experiment.)

Andy

Nice, but why not just upload it somewhere for everybody to get?

The distribution of python is no problem afaik.

Yeah, just pnd-it and up it to the repo.

Not sure if I like this backdoor-policy ;)

I second uploading it to the repo.

Even if you don't I'd like a copy, there's a game I'd like to play that needs 2.7

I confirm that python 2.7.3 will be included in build 08 of codeblocks PND if you want a pnd alternative.
How do I use Python with Code::Blocks or rather without it? I already have a Python package that requires 2.7.3.

Running /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/python3.3 works, /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/python2.7 fails with

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 563, in <module>
main()
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 545, in main
known_paths = addusersitepackages(known_paths)
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 278, in addusersitepackages
user_site = getusersitepackages()
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 253, in getusersitepackages
user_base = getuserbase() # this will also set USER_BASE
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 243, in getuserbase
USER_BASE = get_config_var('userbase')
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 521, in get_config_var
return get_config_vars().get(name)
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 420, in get_config_vars
_init_posix(_CONFIG_VARS)
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 299, in _init_posix
raise IOError(msg)
IOError: invalid Python installation: unable to open /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)
But even if that worked, how do I create a PND or similar package including my Python package and Python 2.7?

I confirm that python 2.7.3 will be included in build 08 of codeblocks PND if you want a pnd alternative.
How do I use Python with Code::Blocks or rather without it? I already have a Python package that requires 2.7.3.

Running /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/python3.3 works, /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/python2.7 fails with

File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 563, in <module>
main()
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 278, in addusersitepackages
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 253, in getusersitepackages
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 243, in getuserbase
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 521, in get_config_var
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 420, in get_config_vars
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 299, in _init_posix
raise IOError(msg)
IOError: invalid Python installation: unable to open /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)
But even if that worked, how do I create a PND or similar package including my Python package and Python 2.7?
As I understand PND's, you would have to include a complete copy of the parts of Python you use in your own PND.

The goal of PND's and .deb's seems quite complementary, and I wish the Pandora had some way to accomodate

both (debroot'ing, to me, is keeping it at arm's length).

main()
raise IOError(msg)
As I understand PND's, you would have to include a complete copy of the parts of Python you use in your own PND.

The goal of PND's and .deb's seems quite complementary, and I wish the Pandora had some way to accomodate

both (debroot'ing, to me, is keeping it at arm's length).
Yes, exactely. If you want an example, grab the "blender" PND, and open it (with 7z on windows, or mount it as squashfs on linux/pandora), and take a look. If you want a simple example, grab an old version, tagged 2.49b, as it only include python 2.7.3 (the latest one include both 2.7.3 and 3.3).

Good luck.

I use my Pandora to learn Linux wherever I am at. I finally can say that I use Linux (PCLinuxOS, Debian, & Andgstrom) as primary OS. Windows is now just the family desktop for gaming.

Part of this then is that I am now using my Pandora for learning to use GCC and Python and break away from M$Visual stuff.

I want Python stuff to run normally from the command line and I want to work through the tutorials and use them from a CLI.

I would like to do the same for Python. As well as be able to run games and other programs natively on my pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back