QtSpotify Segfault

Thann

Still Fresh
Im an American who just got a Premium Account and the instant I login to QtSpotify (from the repo) It segfaults.

I checked the log in temp and it says An Ascii Conversion failed before the login and then after the login It says it segfaults!

Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, Is anyone working on a client that uses the official arm library?

Im an American who just got a Premium Account and the instant I login to QtSpotify (from the repo) It segfaults.

I checked the log in temp and it says An Ascii Conversion failed before the login and then after the login It says it segfaults!

Is anyone else having this issue?
I got an other users reporting the same issue. So I'm guessing you're not alone.

The qtspotify project seems to have stalen now and there no update in the upstream code to fix that issue. and, I cant test : spotify is not available in my country, so I cannot fix :(

There is litterally tens of others projects on maemo that use libdespotify, maybe there is one working

That's a bummer, but here's the silver lining:

the spotify guys have some decent example code, once I get it to compile i will slap together a GTK interface and HOPEFULLY we will have a client that uses the official lib. My vacation starts tomorrow and I was looking forward to escaping from my comp; so it goes =)

Edit: spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still finding it works fine here. I got a bunch of failed log-ins just now until i rebooted and then it went straight in and it paused my desktop version which noticed my account is used elsewhere but its working fine. Weird
unsure.gif

screen110722081406.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Qspotify doesn't work for me either, no sound... the rest seems to work although the app is a tad... what shall I say.... Spartanic?

Maybe in the future.

And as we're speaking about streaming media... A plex client would be awesome to have on the Pandora too :rolleyes:

Any devs interested in looking into that?

If it is the same fault as it was in the release from last summer, you need to add three characters to the line that sets the sample format in the alsa init code. It should end with _LE.

I no longer have a full spotify account and I think its just no good anymore since that went away but back then, as lonely as that was, one only had to double click the playing list to get the music to actually play. If you can log in, you can mess with the playlists (which are sparse in this client as Pandora really needs an upto date client for such things+) and the normal buttons for launching a song dont work. You need to double click a song in the playlist with the right nub, or appeal to the FSM to get to get it to actually play. At which point have volume on, or headphones, speaker jacked in. Dont be Deaf or Dead either. The latter and unless you like Techno and Pig Shavings you'll be toast by the end of Claires scenario, later if you like cornetto enough to slow you down.

Back