Quake 1 Porting

jhudson38

Still Fresh
Hi, I was trying to use the Quake Port that uses opengl and I got my pak0.pak and pak1.pak files off of my discs. I placed the pak files in my id1 folder and there is also a file called autoexec.cfg... and also config.cfg in there. Whenever I try to load the game, it starts to load up when the screen goes black then it goes back to the menu. Can someone help me figure out how to get the port to work :/

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57252-gph-quake/

you will find the latest version of quake there. you seem to be doing everything right.

files in quake1 folders should be:
id1 folder
id1.gpe file
libnanoGL.so file
quake file
banner.png file and icon.png file

your ini configurations should say:
[info]
name="Quake I"
path="/quake1/id1.gpe"
icon="/quake1/icon.png"
title="/quake1/banner.png"
group="GAME"

Last edited by a moderator:
jhudson38 said:
Hi, I was trying to use the Quake Port that uses opengl and I got my pak0.pak and pak1.pak files off of my discs. I placed the pak files in my id1 folder and there is also a file called autoexec.cfg... and also config.cfg in there. Whenever I try to load the game, it starts to load up when the screen goes black then it goes back to the menu. Can someone help me figure out how to get the port to work :/

use the autoexec.cfg and config.cfg included in the caanoo release, if not there dont use anything and let the binary create a default

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so i have everything where it is supposed to be and the game still doesn't load. :/
quake1 folder has:
id1 folder
debug.txt
id1.gpe
libnanoGL.so
quake file

id1 folder contains:
gfx folder
maps folder
servers.lst
pak1.pak
pak0.pak

Is there something I'm doing wrong :/

it seems like your doing everything right. do your other games and emulators run okay?

Yeah all the emulators run good and I only have one other game called Meritous and it runs perfectly. I don't understand why Quake hates me lol

Ok, in the debug file it displays this message
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
Caanoo stick open
GPH GPIO open
Added packfile &c070 ./id1/pak0.pak &r (339 files)
Added packfile &c070 ./id1/pak1.pak &r (111 files)
FindFile: can't find gfx/pop.lmp
Playing shareware version.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Back