Question About Overclocking

guitargamer

Still Fresh
Hello, i've not yet purchased a GP2X, but will be soon,
I've noticed that different gp2xs can overclock to different levels, so my question is, how do you know your gp2xs overclocking limit? say if i were running picodrive and my limit was 260, would it simply stop at 260 and refuse to go any higher?or would the machine reset,
any help would be greatly appreciated :D
thanks

guitargamer said:
Hello, i've not yet purchased a GP2X, but will be soon,
I've noticed that different gp2xs can overclock to different levels, so my question is, how do you know your gp2xs overclocking limit? say if i were running picodrive and my limit was 260, would it simply stop at 260 and refuse to go any higher?or would the machine reset,
any help would be greatly appreciated :D
thanks
Hi,
Picodrive is a bad example because you dont need to overclock with it but UNDERclock ...
So all GP2X accept underclock :p

For the overclocking limit, it's various from one gp2x to another. From 240MHz to around 290MHz or maybe 300Mhz ?! Mine can work at 280MHz but for all gp it depend of your luck ;)

JYCET

Last edited by a moderator:
JyCet said:
Hi,
Picodrive is a bad example because you dont need to overclock with it but UNDERclock ...
So all GP2X accept underclock :p
you have to overclock for alot of mega cd games ;)

No, I think he was just talking about going higher and higher in an emulator until it freezes. Definately use the Cpu/Lcd tweaker program he posted and don't forget to tell us what your' limit is :) Mine is 240 and sometimes 250 with some emus.

Shifty said:
No, I think he was just talking about going higher and higher in an emulator until it freezes. Definately use the Cpu/Lcd tweaker program he posted and don't forget to tell us what your' limit is :) Mine is 240 and sometimes 250 with some emus.

Nice :)
is the fault that the NAND is cheap, i cant understand why all devices are different

argh now i feel dumb...

is it software? :blink: :lol: Thanx for the laugh I really needed it today. No need to feel dumb, but it was funny.

It reminded me of when I was teaching american slang to a bunch of exchange students from tunisia about a decade ago. I was explaining the phrase "speak of the devil," (a seldom used expression nowadays used when the person you were gossiping about suddenly appears...) and they went all white and got offended "you shouldn't speak of the devil ..he's very BAD!"

berighteous said:
argh now i feel dumb...
is it software? :blink: :lol: Thanx for the laugh I really needed it today. No need to feel dumb, but it was funny.

It reminded me of when I was teaching american slang to a bunch of exchange students from tunisia about a decade ago. I was explaining the phrase "speak of the devil," (a seldom used expression nowadays used when the person you were gossiping about suddenly appears...) and they went all white and got offended "you shouldn't speak of the devil ..he's very BAD!"

Next time tell them "Quand on parle du loup.." (yeah, in french it's a wolf, not a devil) ;)

berighteous said:
I was explaining the phrase "speak of the devil," (a seldom used expression nowadays used when the person you were gossiping about suddenly appears...) and they went all white and got offended "you shouldn't speak of the devil ..he's very BAD!"
"Speak of the devil" isn't uncommon in Britain :S.

Back